Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Christmas House Tour

I genuinely enjoyed decorating for Christmas this year.  Last year, I did the minimum because I was pregnant and tired.  This year, it just felt right to go all out for Christmas.  We didn't buy a lot of new decor.

Here's my PSA for the holidays: You don't have to spend tons every year on holiday decor to love what your decorations.  You don't have to buy in to all the links, swipe ups and affiliate options that are thrown your way on social media.  Just buy a few new things every year that you love and over time you'll end up with a decoration collection that you really enjoy.

Let's get this tour started from the moment you walk up to my house.  You'll notice that I love traditional red and green for Christmas.  I'm not a neutrals girl.  So every year I try to add new classic red and green pieces to my collection.

I love my blue door and berry wreath.  

We picked out the perfect real tree for our house.  It's such a pretty tree and smells great.




The kittens are very curious about the warm lights and love to bat around the ornaments.

We moved our tinsel tree from the playroom to the bay window this year.  It looks so pretty here.  It's filled with silly ornaments, kid ornaments and ornaments from my childhood.

Kevin's Nana made him this Christmas tree and Santa when he was a kid.  I love having these vintage items in our decoration collection.  I made sure to put them in a new spot where they'd get lots of attention this year.  They look great with my bottle brush trees, galvanized houses and I think they've found a spot where I'll leave them every year.

I really love our mantle this year.  It came together perfectly.

The kittens have been very well behaved little ladies.  Snuggling baby Jesus and overall very interested in all this Christmas decor business.  The big front window is always a cat hot spot.




I'm added some sentimental holiday decorations this year.  This sled was always on display growing up.

The big kid zone.  I decided to have them share a tree this year.  And it was a tough sell at first for Olive.  Thankfully, she came around and their rainbow tree is a favorite.  They really love their room.  I'll have to give you a proper tour of it in the new year.


Leo's first Christmas tree came together perfectly.  it's so sweet!  I smile every time I walk into his nursery. 

Merry Christmas!  It's such a cozy time of year.  We've got snow in the forecast for the week and everything feels so festive.  I'm excited for the rest of the month. 

4 comments:

  1. I love it so much, Whitney! <3 I agree with your decorating advice 100% that it's not necessary to buy what everyone else is buying. The tinsel tree is perfect in the bay window, and I always love being able to see more than one tree at a time. And what's more festive than kittens and baby Jesus? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I love all your trees! The vintage items are so incredibly special! Can’t wait to get a full tour of the big kids room - how fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas decor. You are so right about not having to buy everything to have a cozy Christmas home. I love my mix of new and old, with traditional reds and greens. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful decorations. So festive.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.