Wednesday, December 2, 2020

DIY Stocking Letters

Do you have personalized stockings?

I've wanted letters for our stockings for years, but have never found any I loved.  I take that back.  All the ones that I loved were pricey when you had to buy five of them.  

I was determined to get letters this year.  I started looking weeks ago and wasn't able to find anything I loved to go with our stockings.  I was at Walmart and found the perfect letters in the craft section.  I knew it would be an inexpensive, simple DIY project.


Let me show you!

You'll just need letters that you love, twine and hot glue.

The letters were $1.29 each and I already had all of the other supplies.  The craft section had the entire alphabet and they came already white washed so no painting necessary.

Hang your stockings and then cut some sample size pieces of twine to determine the length you want your letters to hang.  I started out with 6 inches, tried 8 inches and decided the right number for my stockings was 12 inches.



I didn't think that one strand of twine looked substantial enough so I cut three 12 inch strings for each letter and braided them.  I knotted the three strings together, asked my daughter to hold it, braided the strings and then knotted the other end.  Repeated the process for all five letters.
I hot glued them in tow spots in each letter.  I made sure to glue the knot at about the same spot at the top of the letter to ensure that the letters would hang uniformly.  Let them all dry for a few minutes and then hang.

My 2020 Christmas mantle!  I LOVE it.  It might just be my favorite Christmas mantle ever.  I got free pine branches from Lowes when they trimmed up our Christmas tree, went out and cut some branches of berries from my yard and added in some red glittery garland/pom poms.

We've got our Christmas books in boxes on both sides of the fireplace and are ready to enjoy the Christmas season.  I smile every time I look at this spot in my house.





It's the most wonderful time of the year!!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Your mantle is perfectly on trend but still uniquely your style. The monograms pop against the colors on your stocking - they're perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.