Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Christmas at Home

Hey, friends!  I ended up with a little free time and wanted to get my Christmas posts up before the end of the year.  

We had a wonderful Christmas at home before traveling to see our families.  We made an arrangement with Santa once we had kids for him to come to our house early every year.  He usually texts me on the 22nd to see if it would be okay for him to come on the 23rd.  The kids always say YES and we get busy preparing for his arrival - cookies, treats, milk, carrots and reindeer food for the reindeer.  Olive left a detailed note for Santa filled with questions per usual.

The kids went to bed in their Christmas pjs and were very excited for Santa to come.  Kevin and I worked together to get everything wrapped the night before.  It was fun - we picked a different wrapping paper for each child and left the Santa gits unwrapped by the fireplace.



The big kids woke up way before the sun and made them go back to bed.  They got up when the sun got up.  We woke Leo up to join them.

Olive was THRILLED to get American girl dolls and accessories plus some surprises.  She couldn't open her gifts fast enough.

Fletcher loved his Nerf guns, new camo gear and army guys.

Leo loved the wrapping paper and would have been fine with one gift and a pile of wrapping paper.  He wasn't sure why we kept bothering him with opening his gifts.

Kevin and I exchanged gifts, too.







I look forward to Dec 23rd all year long.  It's a day just for our family to focus on Christmas.  We don't have to leave the house and stay in our pjs as long as we want.  The kids get to play all day.  I bake and I'd love to add in a mini birthday cake for Jesus next year.  If you also live out of town from your family, I'd highly recommend claiming certain days just for your own family and your own traditions.

Hooray for Christmas break!

I hope you had a sweet Christmas with your own families!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.