Friday, February 24, 2017

The Highlights

Happy Friday!!  It's been a great, healthy week at our house.  We've done fun things with friends, played outside and enjoyed some beautiful Indiana weather.  Anyone else having a really WARM winter??  I think that the ground hog was a bit off this year :)  I took the kids on a quick road trip and we had a blast.  It was a good reminder to me that adventures are always worth the effort.  I think Fletcher's big smile on my dad's lap means that he agrees!


The highlights of our week were:

// 1 //
New Glasses... on Accident
I've had a rough time with my eyes lately - pink eye, running out of contacts, trouble finding a new eye doctor, etc.  So I was thrilled to find a great eye doctor and get new contacts this week.  I was wearing my glasses and I asked one of the tech's to adjust them for me while I waited.  It had been a few years since I'd had them looked at so I figured it was time.  She tightened all the screws and then set out to adjust the side pieces.  She promptly snapped my glasses in half!

We were both horrified and she looked like she was going to barf.  I didn't even know what to say.  She handed them back to me and assured me she'd fix things.  I looked at the frames and quickly realized they were beyond fixing.  My heart sank a bit because I really liked those glasses.  I also have a large head and it's always tricky to find glasses to fit me.  So her boss comes over and tells me to look around and pick out a new pair.  She says they'll just switch over my lenses.  I try on lots of options, stress a bit over having to make a quick decision and end up picking out these new frames.  I didn't intend to get new glasses this week, but I'm pretty happy with them.  Especially since they were free :)


// 2 //
St Patrick's Day
I picked up a few new St. Patrick's Day items at Target this week.  I found this cute polka-dot banner on clearance and this glittery shamrock for $3.  I got my whole house cleaned and dusted so I'm hoping to decorate for St. Patrick's Day.  March is going to be an exciting month with St. Patrick's Day and Fletcher's first birthday!

// 3 //
Festive Food
I love to make food for the holidays and fun plates of food for my kids.  So it's exciting to get a shout out for my efforts.  My snowman breakfast got regrammed by Cheerios this week!  I've got some cute ideas for clovers, rainbows and St. Patrick's Day in March.

My husband requested Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread this week so that was probably our most delicious treat of the week :)


// 4 //
Get Moving!
As I mentioned, the weather has been gorgeous lately!  My current exercise plan is to load up our double stroller and push for at least an hour.  The kids love to go for stroller rides and it's been a great way to keep me accountable.  Olive reminds me to go on walks and makes sure that we walk as often as possible.  We've also been playing outside and enjoying seeing the sun again.



// 5 //
Road Trip
The kids and I went on a quick road trip to visit my family on Sunday.  We loaded up the car and had a wonderful day.  The kids are really great travelers and it was so nice to see our family.  We had a delicious lunch.  My mom made homemade meatballs and I've got to get her recipe because they were so good.  The kids loved seeing everyone and our time flew by.  Fletcher had a moment of fussing in the car and I looked back to see Olive holding his hand.  Such a sweet big sis :)





Polka-Dotty Place Week in Review:
Monday: Types of Moms
Thursday: DVR Run Down


What was your FAVORITE part of the week??

I hope you have a really great weekend!!

11 comments:

  1. The weather in GA has been amazing, as well! We have been outside as much as possible!!
    Love Fletchers smile in your dad's lap!
    How awesome that you go a shot out from Cheerios!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is Fletcher and your dad is PERFECT! I am headed to the dollar store this weekend to pick up a few St. Patrick's decorations- I am taking down our Valentine's decor this weekend and am excited for some fresh and bright GREEN! Have a great weekend friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for festive decor, family fun, and gorgeous weather! Wishing your super cute family a fantastic upcoming weekend too! xo - Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread looks sooooooooo good! It looks like you guys had a great time visiting your day. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for warm weather and fun roadtrips! I know you love being close enough to drive over there for the day! For some reason, my mom's cooking tastes even better now that I'm out of the house - what is it about having someone else cook for you that is so much better? Those meatballs looked delicious and the garlic bread looked perfectly toasted! Glad you all are able to enjoy the nice weather and have stayed healthy this week. What an ordeal with your glasses! It's so stressful to pick out new frames on your own, but you did a great job! Those are super cute on you. Have a lovely weekend!

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in KY and it's definitely quite warm here. It's supposed to get start raining a lot tonight and then for the next few days though, so we'll see what happens from here.

    That's awesome Cheerios gave you a shoutout! Too fun.

    -Luaren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My frames are approaching 10 years old, so I'm super paranoid about them breaking when I get them adjusted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I about gasped reading your glasses story! I'm glad they made it right!

    How awesome of a find is that bunting?! Perfect for this time of year.

    I loved the Cheerios shout you! You're the queen of pretty plates!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooohhhh!!!! Your new glasses look fantastic. I guess if you have to get new glasses, free was a pretty great way to get them. I really need some new ones. Mine are constantly sliding down my nose and it drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The weather has been gorgeous, hasn't it! Was such a shock to see the snow yesterday. Love the new glasses! They look great! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your new glasses! They are so pretty. I'm in search of a new eye doctor as well. Your festive foods always look so delicious. Have a wonderful week! Thanks for linking up to H54F!

    Della
    www.delladevoted.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.