Friday, February 3, 2017

The Best Parts

Happy Friday!!  I hope you had a great week.  The days flew by for us.  We were excited that the ground hog saw his shadow so we could have 6 more weeks of winter.  I want more snow before winter is over in the Midwest!!  We packed in tons of fun into our week and are looking forward to a great Superbowl weekend.  We don't have any big plans, but are hoping to try some new recipes and enjoy watching the game together.  Do you have any fun plans for the weekend??

The best parts of our week were:

// 1 //
NYX $5 LIP GLOSS
I picked up this NYX Butter Gloss lip gloss at Meijer this week and I'm loving it!  It was $5 and there were so many pretty color options.  I got this shade of pink called Peaches and Cream.  I'm going to get a few more colors the next time I notice it on sale.
It goes on really smooth, the shine dies down pretty quickly and the color hangs around for a while.  I first heard about this on instagram when my favorite girl from Southern Charm - Cam (@camwimberly1) HIGHLY recommended it.  She claims it's just as good as high end products from Ulta for far cheaper.  She knows what she's talking about!!
// 2 //
MOMMY & ME DUPLOS
We went to our monthly Duplo class this week and it was heart themed.  It was the perfect way to kick off February.  We always make fun things there and then Olive tries to replicate them at home.  We go with our best friends and have a blast.


 // 3 //
GALLERY WALL
I'm working on putting together a gallery wall in our kitchen.  I found these beautiful pinboards from Minted and got one for each kid.  I'm going to display current art work, pictures and crafts on each of them and rotate the items out regularly.  They're so pretty and I can't wait to get the gallery wall finished up so I can show you the whole thing.

 // 4 //
APPLE PIE KIT
My husband LOVES apple pie.  I LOVE making pie, but apple pie is my least favorite pie to make because it's so much work.  I usually end up making pecan, Derby or strawberry pie and only occasionally tackle an apple pie.  A sweet friend gave me an apple pie kit for Christmas this year.  It was super thoughtful and one of the most delicious DIY gifts I've ever received.  It was SO GOOD!  The apple crisp mix made for the perfect streusel topping and I added cinnamon to my homemade pie crust for a little extra flavor.  It was so good and I've requested she give me this same gift every year.

// 5 //
FAVORITE KID PICS
Fletcher just turned 10 months old and he's doing so well.  He's such a big boy quickly outgrowing all of his 18 month things.  He's walking around furniture, walking with push toys and reaching for everything.  He clears bookshelves with a giant smile, has almost 4 teeth and has been sleeping better than ever.  I adores Old Navy boy's clothes for him and thinks he looks so handsome.  How did he get so big :)
Olive is always saying the funniest things.  After I took Fletcher's monthly picture she jumped up in the chair and said it was her turn.  So we snapped some pictures by the number sticker.  It was a good reminder to me that each of the kids love their one on one attention :)


Polka-Dotty Place Week in Review:


What was your FAVORITE part of the week??


I hope you have a really great weekend!!

13 comments:

  1. So awesome you guys had a great week! I am in desperate need for new lip gloss- I am totally going to try out a tube of the NYX!! And just the other night- I was telling Aaron how bad I was craving a big piece of apple pie...your pictures only confirmed that I might have to make one this weekend!! Happy Friday friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lego Duplo class sounds amazing!!! I want to go to one. I mean how cool. Love the apple pie recipe. You are killing me with your recipes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love NYX's Butter lip glosses too! Your kiddos are too cute, Whitney! The pic of them on the rocking horse together couldn't be more precious! Wishing you all a sweet start to February! xo - Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet week! That apple pie kit is one of the most creative gifts I've ever seen! What a good friend! I can't wait to see your gallery wall - you have such an eye for such things. I'm gonna look for the NYX gloss!
    Have a great weekend, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo of Olive posing with the 10 month sticker. What a funny girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the NYX butter gloss! I have recently acquired a few colors myself. Totally agree with you, great color without breaking the bank. Super good find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the heads up on the gloss. I've never tried it but I really want to. I recently just ordered some CC cream from Ulta. I never treat myself so I'm really excited. That apple pie gift is amazing. Please ask her for the recipe for the jarred apples. We have a couple of apple trees so I'd love to jar some this year. Fun pictures! This weekend I'm going to see Garth in Memphis and I couldn't be more excited! Sunday we are cooking steaks for the Super Bowl so I have lots of good things going on this weekend. Hope y'all have an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! I'm going to have to check out that gloss? Is it sticky? I'm on the hunt for a good matte gloss- any ideas?

    Yes- we need more snow here too! It's pretty sad winter with minimal snow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! I'm crossing my fingers for six more weeks of winter, too! I doubt we'll get any more snow, but I am still hopeful that it will be cold enough to wear my winter things for a couple more weeks. Fletcher IS so big! What a cutie! Your cinnamon pie crust looks so good. My mom used to let us make pie crust cookies with her dough scraps, and we'd sprinkle them with cinnamon and sugar before baking. I can only imagine how yummy your crust was with that cinnamon mixed in!!

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those picture boards! I would have never have thought about looking at Minted for those so I'm glad you shared! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have the lip gloss as well, great for the price. but i LOVE the fabric behind it! please tell me it is women's clothing?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll have to try the lip gloss. Thanks for the tip!! The apple pie looks so yummy and is such a great idea! Hope you are having a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are still holding onto hope that we will get some snow! Ill keep my eyes open for that lip gloss.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.