Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Snow Much Fun

We finally got some more snow!  We had a little snow before Christmas and zero in January.  So we were really hopeful that we'd get some snow this month.  I just wanted enough for Olive to build a snowman and it happened last week!  We got several inches in the late afternoon and it hung around for a couple of days.  It was beautiful, the roads weren't bad and we got to play in it.  I guess that means it was the perfect kind of snow day :)

We had snowmen for breakfast :)
I had a stash of tiny pancakes in my freezer so this meal came together really quickly!

Spent a lot of time just watching it snow.
Fletcher just kept banging on the windows and smiling.
I think he likes winter as much as we do.


Kevin hurried home to play in the snow with us.  A perk of living in an area on Eastern Time is that it doesn't get dark until so late.  So right now it's about 6:30 when it gets really dark.



 This was Fletcher's first time playing in the snow.  He LOVED it and would shriek with delight while we were outside.  He hates wearing shoes, but didn't mind wearing his snow bear suit.  I held him most of the time we were outside, but it was fun to let him sit in the snow for a couple of pictures.




Olive finally agreed to wear snow gear from head to toe this year and stayed so warm!  Her overalls were great, loved her gloves and her coat fits for the third winter.  Target has great snow gear!!


Olive requested a carrot nose and button eyes.  We had carrots, but no giant buttons.  She was displeased and had to be convinced that circle carrots were appropriate substitutes.

 Olive's first snowman!  It lasted a couple of days and she was sad to see him melt.

Tiny snowman or Giant baby??

Have you gotten much snow this year??
I know the ground hog said six more weeks of winter, 
but it's definitely starting to feel like SPRING here.

11 comments:

  1. So cute. It was a perfect kind of snow day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had a snow day! Doesn't look like AL is going to get one :(
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! We haven't gotten really anything other than ice here...I am hoping we at least get something by the end of winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your enthusiasm for the snow! I have to admit it's not my favorite… But it sure is pretty!! My favorite memories of snow include sleddng down this huge hill that was behind our neighborhood… I would go there with my brothers and we would literally sled for hours!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cute Whitney. I am so glad that one of us got enough snow to cover up the ground decently. Maybe I'll get some next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have had a very mild winter so no snow for us. Sometimes we get snow late Feb, early March so there is still a chance. We've been enjoying the nice weather though. The bad part is that the winter has been so mild that the mosquitos are going to be awful this spring/summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the tiny snowman and the giant baby are both precious! haha We got our one big snow and I don't care if I don't see another flake. Last Sunday was almost 80 degrees and gorgeous- come on spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've got next to no snow this year and Connor has been asking for it and I can't make it snow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!! I need one good snow to feel like we've really had winter. I'm so glad you all got to enjoy one this year! I'm not ready for spring - it will just be hot and humid once that happens so I'm enjoying the rest of our "winter," which is 60's and 70's. :)

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun! I can only imagine how exciting it is for kids to wake up to snow! Fletcher's face looking out at the snow is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.