Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Queso & Questions

I realized over the weekend that I never shared my recipe for
Loaded Queso with you!  Whoops!  It's too good to forget about.



QUESO:
It was so easy to throw together and we loved it.  
You'll just need a crock pot, a skillet
 and this list of yummy ingredients to make it happen:

1 jar of your favorite salsa
1 jar of your favorite nacho cheese
1 can black beans
1 can regular rotel
1/2 c frozen corn
1 lb seasoned ground beef (I used Ortega taco seasoning)
1/2 yellow pepper finely chopped
1/2 red pepper finely chopped
1/4 purple onion finely chopped
1/4 c chopped jalapenos

Top with sour cream, guac and chips to dip

Cook the ground beef, drain and add seasoning.  Drain the black beans.  Dump all of the ingredients into our crockpot and stir until well combined.  Let it all warm up and then serve with chips.  I served ours in little bowls.

It was perfect for our Super Bowl dinner and we will definitely enjoy it for game days since it's such a yummy, filling appetizer.


QUESTIONS:

I also have a bunch of RANDOM QUESTIONS I've been trying to answer lately.  I figured you all would be able to help me and would know the answer to lots of them.

1. We are flying with the kids in March and I'd love to hear all of your tips for flying with an 11 month old and almost 4 year old.  Olive has flown before, but is too young to remember it.  I'm really wondering about strollers, car seats, what to check, what to rent, what to leave at home, carry ons, in flight entertainment and anything else related to flying with kids.


2. We are in the market for a new car seat for Olive.  She'll be 4 in May.  What type of car seat do you have for your big kids?  We're looking for something super safe that won't break the bank.


3. All finger nail polish seems to be peeling off my nails lately.  Clear coats, colorful polish, etc.  It all just peels right off after a day or two.  What can I do to stop this from happening?


4. What are the best overnight diapers you've used?  A certain someone tends to have leaky diapers overnight and I've tried everything.  We've sized up, tried a few different ones and haven't quite figured it out.  We love Pampers Swaddlers diapers for the day time.


5.  I'm wanting to get Olive a puddle jumper to wear in the pool this summer.  What is the best one or one that you've loved with your kids?  It seems like there are so many options.


6. I'd love to buy some beautiful succulents, but don't want to pay a lot for them.  Where is the best place to find affordable plants??


7. We are going to be visiting Chattanooga, TN in a few weeks and we have never been there before.  It sounds like a really family friendly place, but I'd love some recommendations for food, activities and kid fun while we are there.

8. Are the Living Proof hair products worth the investment?  Do they live up to the hype?  It seems like everyone is talking about how amazing they are and using them right now.


THANKS a million for your help with all of my questions
 and I hope you get a chance to try out my Loaded Queso recipe!!

Linking up with Erika &

It's time to link up with my favorite Tuesday Talk ladies!!
Be sure to join us with your favorite post from the week.
Crystal at Hall Around Texas | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram  
Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Becky at BYBMG | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Lindsay at Lindsay's Sweet World | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Sarah at Sarah E. Frazer | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram

Polka-Dotty Place

18 comments:

  1. I use the Essie gel top coat polish to put over my polish and it keeps them from chipping for a long time! And yes, the Living Proof hair products are totally worth it! My favorite dry shampoo!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got the Cosco Apt 50 car seat for grandsons - it goes up to 50 lbs, it has 2 cup holders, and it is a nice size for taking on airplane. I use NailTek under my nail polish or CND Stickey and Poshe top coat or Essie Good to Go. Try using a frosted nail polish, they don't shrink as much during the week, causing those edges that peel off! http://www.thecasabouquet.com/shatter-crackle-nail-polish-easy-home-mani/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - inexpensive succulents at home improvement stores - I go to Lowe's

      Delete
    2. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M71D3Y0?th=1

      Delete
  3. That queso looks SO good. I have heard to size up a diaper at night, have you tried that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pinning your queso recipe! For the question on nail polish, I have only ever used Essie and OPI and Essie typically lasts a few days for me so that is the brand I tend to wear. I haven't ever done any top coats or anything like that...maybe I should? HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When it was time for my son to go to a booster we bought the Britax Frontier that has the harness and then can move to just the seat belt when it's time. It has been great! We always used Pampers and we used the Baby Dry ones with our second child. She was just potty trained last month FINALLY! We never had any issues with the baby dry ones and never any leaks. I don't do real plants well at all so I just buy the faux succulents from Hobby Lobby when they run their floral arrangements 50% off. They looks so real to me! As far as Chattanooga, TN, it's been forever since I visited there but I live in TN and I was researching visiting there a couple of years ago. I know the Tennessee Aquarium is there and it's a great place to go. I remember going as a kid a couple of times. I do believe they have a really nice park near downtown that has an indoor carousel. You might look into that. I am sure there is a ton more to do than I can remember.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For overnights, we have to add Sposies pads to baby girl's diapers. I get them from Amazon (and if you try a pack and like them, they are cheapest if you buy a 6 month supply) and they are sort of like maxi pads you add to a diaper that absorb TONS. She doesn't pee through her diaper, and since it allows so much absorption, she doesn't wake up when she's wet. Highly recommend. I have "oily" nails and all polish peels off. Nail techs tell me I need to rough them up with a buffer and my favorite salon uses a bonder under my polish, I think it's OPI Bond Aid, maybe? And lastly, I LOVE the Living Proof dry shampoo. That's all I've tried but it works GREAT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I googled the carousel and here is a link that may be helpful.

    http://www.chattanoogafun.com/members/attractions/coolidge-park-antique-carousel/891

    ReplyDelete
  8. what seasoning to the meat as you don't mention a seasoning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to use Ortega taco seasoning for the meat or something like Lawry's season salt to give it lots of flavor! I'll add that detail into the recipe above.

      Delete
  9. Diapers - Leakage at night is always my cue to size up. While we were big fans of Pampers Swaddlers for a couple months, we fell in love with Luvs and never looked back. However, every baby booty is different :) Do you have in IKEA in your area? Some of my healthiest looking succulents were purchased there. Lowe's has pre-planted asst. succulents in a cute planter. Definitely an easy way to go! Just don't over water them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, my mouth is watering over that queso! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your queso recipe - that looks delicious!! As far as the nail polish peeling, I had that happen with some CND Vinylux polish last week. It was so weird! If it's chipping, make sure you put a little line of clear coat around the tip of your nail with your last coat to seal the tips. If it's actually just peeling off your nails, maybe try a thinner layer of polish.

    I noticed that Target had some succulents in their dollar spot this month, maybe you can find a few next time you're in there! HomeGoods is a great place to find faux greenery too.

    Can't wait to hear about your adventures in Chattanooga!

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our car seat for Wes is a Graco one that converts from a 5 point harness to a high back booster. I don't think it cost a ton.

    I've tried the Living Proof dry shampoo. It was nice, but I don't think it's worth the $.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have an OPI chip prevention polish that you can put on before a base coat (I use it as a base coat).

    For Chattanooga: Ruby Falls, the Tennessee Aquarium, Lookout Mountain. Kate at A Thought and a Half lives in Chattanooga. I'm sure she would give some great recommendations!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.