Monday, February 27, 2017

February Recipe Round Up

I'm excited to share some delicious recipes with you this month.  We ate a mix of family favorites and new things this month.  I cooked almost 6 nights a week all month long.  I'm not going to share all of those meals with you, just our favorites.  All of my recipes are easy, take around 30 minutes or less to make and are crowd pleasers.  I also try to make big dinners so we can eat the leftovers for lunch.  Here's what we've been eating this month:


My favorite meal of the month was
HOMEMADE PIZZA!!
It turned out so good and we've figured out the secrets to making a delicious pizza.  Since we're friends, I'll let you in on all the tricks.  I always use Kate from The Small Things Blog's pizza dough recipe.  It's delicious and needs no changing.  Be sure to bake the crust for a bit before putting on the toppings.  Then continue to bake it with the toppings until the pizza is done.

We LOVE the Homestyle Ragu Thick & Hearty Traditional pasta sauce for Pizza Sauce.  It comes in a smaller square jar and it has a navy label.  It's the best and makes the pizza feel gourmet!

I always do one small bag of mozzarella cheese
turkey pepperoni
a sprinkle of Seasoned Salt
and veggies for Kevin's side (black olives, onions and peppers)

Taco Lettuce Wraps:
All of our favorite taco ingredients in a lettuce wrap instead of a tortilla.  It was a great low carb meal.  My husband was not a fan of the lettuce wraps so he had his taco fixins over chips.  I'd highly recommend doing two pieces of romaine lettuce for each lettuce wrap.  It was nice to have a sturdier wrap so two pieces were perfect.
Seasoned taco meat (Ortega taco seasoning)
cheese
jalapenos
sweet peppers
onions
black olives
romain lettuce
sour cream
taco sauce/salsa
tomatoes
avocados

Taco Salad:
We had leftover taco ingredients so I ate taco salads for lunch several times.  Another great low carb option that was really tasty.

Queso:
Loaded Queso was amazing for our Super Bowl party.

 Pesto Chicken Pasta:
1 can cooked white meat chicken
3 T pesto
your favorite pasta
freshly grated parmesan
salt and pepper

Super easy dinner that made great leftovers for lunch.

Chicken Sausage + Quinoa Mix:
I fried chicken sausage + purple onions
and served it with
this quinoa mix from Sams and added craisins.

It was a tasty, quick dinner.  The chicken sausage had apples in it so it was good with the craisins.


Our favorite breakfast this month was this Pepperidge Farm swirled cinnamon bread.  It's so good!!  The kids love to eat it plain and I like mine toasted with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.  I'm guessing it would also make delicious bread for french toast.



Best treats of the month:

Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread:
Sometimes I make this when cinnamon rolls are sounding good because it's so much less work that homemade cinnamon rolls.

My most famous recipe
Chocolate Chip Cookies with festive sprinkles.

Chocolate Oatmeal Bars



Have you tried any new recipes lately??

Now I'm starving!!  Which recipes are you anxious to try???
I'm linking up with 2 of my favorite cooking ladies today
and we're all sharing our best recipes from the month.

Linking up with Southern Plate

Katie @ Cup of Tea
New Recipes to Try

Whitney @ Come Home for Comfort
Lots of Snacks!

Head over to their blogs to see what delicious meals they are sharing this month!
 We've also started a Pinterest Board called
New Recipes We've Tried and Loved!
Be sure to check it out and get some great ideas for meals at your house.

11 comments:

  1. You have been busy in the kitchen friend! We love taco lettuce wraps in our house too! I Still need to make those oatmeal bars… They look so so yummy! Hope you have great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to try that queso! Looks so yummy!
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always get so excited when you share recipes. Home made pizza is a staple in our meal routine. I need to try that crust out. I usually stick with one recipe too, but it may be fun to mix it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a yummy month! As always, everything looks delicious! I love taco salad and always have romaine lettuce on hand, so I'm definitely going to try your taco lettuce wraps. That's such a great idea!! It's been a while since I bought the Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Bread, but it's one of my favorites. You're right, it is great for french toast. :)

    I've never made homemade pizza crust, but that looks delicious. I typically stay away from dough recipes but I'll keep that one in mind if I'm feeling brave. :)

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pesto chicken pasta sounds amazing! That Ragu sauce is just the best. I won't buy anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have one of each, please! Those taco lettuce wraps look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't get on board with lettuce wraps. The only time I've found them satisfying is in Thai restaurants. Gimme all the tortillas. (Or i can just eat it as a salad haha) that cinnamon raisin bread is Anthony's favorite, and I buy the kids the chicken apple sausage for quick meals often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These all look so delicious! Thanks for the recap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love taco lettuce wraps. So good! Course the kids love when I make them nachos. And those cookies look so amazing. I need to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited to try the pesto chicken salad. I love all those ingredients so I'm sure to enjoy it. You have really been upper your healthy game. Carbs have always been my downside. I pinned the pizza crust recipe because I've always wanted to make our own pizza but have never tried it. I think it is something Jack would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.