Thursday, July 3, 2014

Healthy Eats

I'm working hard to make good food choices and to eat as many healthy foods as possible.  I wanted to share some of my favorites from the last few weeks.

1. Chicken Veggie Stir Fry with Quinoa
carrots, edamame, peppers, onions, snow peas, grilled chicken and quinoa

 2. Paninis with healthy sides
I've been using our George Foreman grill as a panini press and it works great!!
I lightly buttered sourdough bread, used spicy mustard inside and low fat cheese.

 3. Chicken Sausage Brats
We bought the fajita chicken sausage brats in a huge pack from Sams and they are really tasty.  There are peppers and a little cheese inside of them.  We grill them and eat them on a wheat bun.  Perfect summer dinner.

 4. Homemade Apple Sauce
I had a large bag of apples so I decided it was time to make my own applesauce.  It was a pretty easy process and the applesauce was delicious!  I'd definitely make this again.

 5. Pumpkin Applesauce Muffins
I used the homemade applesauce in a healthy muffin recipe.
They were pretty good.

6. Mexican Lettuce Wraps
I used this recipe for the filling from DamnDelicious


I've pinned lots of new recipes for salads, grilled goods and lots of options for using summer produce so stay tuned to some more colorful meals!!

2 comments:

  1. These look great! When I started weight watchers a few months ago I started making lettuce wraps instead of using shells. I love them and will use lettuce most of the time. Thanks for sharing these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look and sound great! I'm not even a fan of applesauce but you made me curious what yours tastes like.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.