Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Save Money on Groceries by Stocking up at Aldi

I realized that it's been a while since I've done at Aldi post.  Unfortunately, I no longer live in a city with two nice, new Aldi stores that were really enjoyable to shop at each week.  The Aldi store closest to me is kind of dingy, chaotic and always crowded.   So instead of no longer shopping there, I try to make monthly trips to Aldi and really stock up on items that are much cheaper at Aldi.  It's one small way that I can keep our grocery budget in check right now.

I made two dinners recently where an Aldi staple item - Beef Shaved Steak - was the star of the show.  My family loved both!  I served the Beef Shaved Steak with Teriyaki sauce, roasted veggies and couscous and it was amazing.  Then I served the Beef Shaved Steak with taco seasoning and we had Steak Tacos.  Both were so good.  The meat feels fancy, is only about $6 a package and is a nice change of pace from our usual dinner meats.  I try to always keep a package of it in my freezer.

 



Now for lots of my Aldi favorites.  These are staple items that you will almost always find in my fridge/freezer or pantry.  And bonus, they are all super affordable.

Jams/Preserves $2.15

Cheese!  Shredded is $2.59 a bag and a block is $1.75.  I'm finding that prices are a little different every time I shop.  Is that true for you, too!?

Boxes of raisins $0.99 and fruit squeeze pouches are $1.75 for 6.  The peach is our favorite pouch flavor (even I love to grab them for a snack on the go) but these multi fruit ones are toddler approved.

$1.06 for Wheat Thins.  My boys claim to be Wheat Thin connoisseurs and they love these.  They are so much cheaper than the name brand ones.

$1.25 for a bag of tortilla chips.  They have several different varieties and these are our favorite.

$1.99 for Pub Style seasoned pretzels (SO GOOD!!) and $2.69 for cheese crackers.

$1.92 for a big box of microwave popcorn.  We love it for movie nights!

Aldi sauces, condiments and canned goods are almost always a great price.  We love these 4.


Their pasta is really affordable at $0.82 a box.  Aldi does not have a huge assortment of pasta shapes, but the basics are all available.

I love the Berry Hill dessert sauces.

I like their chocolate chips.  They're really affordable and great for the more unique chips like Butterscotch, white chocolate, dark chocolate or mini morsels.  I stick to Tollhouse for my regular chocolate chips.

All their baking items are a great deal!


And I love their Beef Shaved Steak $6.18, Mini Naan breads $3.99 for pizza crusts and frozen veggies.  My freezer is always stocked with these.  The frozen veggies are anywhere from $0.89 a bag to $1.25.


What do you love to buy at Aldi??

3 comments:

  1. I've never tried the beef shaved steak, but I am going to try it! Thanks for the recommendation - I'm always looking for different meals like that to keep on hand. I'm also going to try the pretzels, which somehow I've never tried! My pantry is full of lots of your other favorites, though: baking staples, naan bread, tortilla chips and all the frozen veggies! My Aldi stores are always crowded - which makes me so grateful I can shop through Instacart. :) I haven't set food in an Aldi in over 2 years, but their prices make the $1.99 pickup fee worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so disappointing about the Aldi's in your new area. Grocery prices are so crazy right now. The regular prices have almost doubled on some items. I tried Aldi, but the prices in our area are not much lower than the big grocery stores and Walmart. I think we live in a really competitive pricing market with so many shopping options.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE Aldi. I always stock up on the frozen broccoli. They are sooooo good and soooo affordable, full of flowers and not just filler stalks.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.