Friday, April 8, 2022

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  This week was full of highs and lows, birthday festivities for Leo, house projects and lots of regular stuff.  Let me tell you about my favorite moments:

1 // Birthday Party

We got to celebrate Fletcher and Leo with Kevin's family last weekend.  Pizza and donuts!  It was lots of fun to see everyone.  The boys felt really special and it was great for them to celebrate together.




2 // Fun at School

Olive has been working hard to make friends and recently asked to buy a best friend necklace to share with 2 other friends in her class.  This made me so happy.  We've been working hard to help the kids get settled in at their new school since December and this felt like major progress.  I'm so proud of her!

It was Pirate Day in Kindergarten. 

And while Leo isn't in school yet, he thinks it's hilarious to pretend sleep anytime we are out and about.

3 // Olive & June

Have you tried this polish yet?  I picked up some for Olive's Easter basket and am curious about it.

4 // Backyard progress - things are looking better every week!

Phase 1 = enlarging our patio - done!

Phase 2 = sodding our backyard - done!

Phase 3 = fence - in progress!  We've never fenced a yard before so it felt really good to love the way the fence looked after it was being installed.  Big home purchases are a little nerve wracking - right!?

Phase 4 = seeding our entire side yard - soon

5 // Cat love

Penny wishes we'd hold her all day log.  Pearl likes to keep close tabs on all the things.


6 // Surprise packages

The boys loved getting birthday mail this week.  Leo LOVES cars!!

7 // Leo is officially 2

The big kids woke up early to open gifts with him before school.  He was thrilled with all of them.




8 // Birthday Errands

We went through the drive thru at Chick-Fil-A and grabbed Chicken Minis for breakfast.  We had a parking lot picnic (I feel like this is a glimpse of teenage Leo!) and then ran into Target to pick out a few new Matchbox cars.  Best errands ever says Leo.


 9 // Photo Archives

What is it about your children's birthdays that make you dive deep into the photo archives to find all your favorite pictures at all their different ages!?  I just love Leo's newborn pictures.



10 // Simple Celebrations

Birthdays don't have to be super fancy or super extravagant.  Some of our favorite traditions are simple - a number food plate.  Leo turned 2 so he got 2 of everything on his dinner plate.  I made cupcakes for a little celebration at home on his actual birthday.  None of my other kids like cupcakes so it was a treat to make them for him!




 Linking up with Momfessionals today.

I hope you have a great weekend!  See you back here on Monday :)

2 comments:

  1. What a fun birthday week! I can not get over how big the kittens have gotten; I remember when you first got them. Your yard is looking fabulous and so green and sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - what a cutie! I love the idea of the number food plate!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.