Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Easter in Evansville

Our first Easter in Evansville was a happy, chilly one!

 

We did lots of our favorite traditions, went to church and got to spend the day eating good food and hunting eggs with family.  Here are the highlights:

We decorated 3 dozen eggs.  Not enough says this crew.

The kindergartners at Fletcher's school got to have an egg hunt.  He was so excited to come home with bunny ears and a basket full of eggs.  K is so much fun!


Kevin and I built their baskets with all their favorite things - new pjs, new outside toys, little cars, accessories, whoopie cushions, gardening gloves, candy, Squishamllows, slime and more.  I made sure to keep to my rule of everything has to fit inside their basket.

Easter morning!  The big kids were up at 6:15am ready for their baskets.  Thankfully, they hung out together upstairs for another hour.

Candy for breakfast!!

We had a wonderful Easter Sunday at church.  It was a packed place!

I gave Olive and myself a manicure with her new Olive & June polish.  So far - I'm impressed!

These 3 did great in their Sunday School classes.  Olive saw a buddy from school, they got to go to an elementary worship service together and Leo happily stayed in his Twos class.  Hooray!

We had a big lunch with Kevin's family.  Delicious food and an egg hunt for the kids.






Then we headed to my parent's house for an egg hunt with this cousin crew!  I brought some delicious carrot cake cupcakes and fruit salad.

 

And then we came home and crashed!!  Lots of treats for everyone.

Leo realized that he could open all the foil wrapped chocolates and turned into a bit of a candy monster.  I had to hide the candy from him yesterday.

I hope you had a Happy Easter with the people you love!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun day! Your post made me miss being near extended family - what a blessing to be so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bunny cupcake toppers are adorable!!

    Sounds like you all had a great Easter!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.