Friday, April 22, 2022

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, Friends!  I hope you've had a nice week.  We're ready for the weekend!

The best parts of our week were:

1. Zoo Day

Fletcher got a family zoo membership for his birthday - yay for experience gifts!  And I took the kids to check it out last Friday when they were out of school.  We had a great time exploring together.  The penguins are new and fun to watch, but the otters stole our hearts.  We can't wait to go regularly since it's just 20 minutes from our house.  We've never had a zoo pass before. 



2. Our fence is done!

The crew came back to put the finishing touches on it and it's all done.  Yay!  I love that it keeps the kids safe, but we still get to enjoy the view of the farmland behind us.  Now we're waiting on the yard/sprinkler guy to come and seed our extra lot.

3. Iced Coffee Favorite

I love iced coffee year round.  It's my favorite.  You'll always find these two in my fridge.  I love the Dunkin Ice Coffee and it's around $4 for this huge container.  Then the Cafe Mocha creamer is delicious.  It's under $4.  I can easily make iced coffee for a week or longer for just $8.  I also love that by buying the creamer separate you can control how sweet your drink is.  10/10 recommend to any fellow iced coffee fans.

4 . Garage Shelves

I bought two sets of these garage shelves for our garage.  The assembly was super easy and our garage is looking so good!  I'd highly recommend them from Sams if you need some help organizing.  It'll be even better when I clear out the huge donation pile, fill all the pots with spring flowers (it's still frosting at night in Indiana!!) and rearrange the big stuff like mowers.

5. I love coming home to a yummy dessert.

I overheard my husband telling someone that he loves coming home to find that I made a yummy dessert.  I don't do it every day, but his kind words were motivation for me to make sure to bake something delicious a couple times a week.  I did Hershey Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies for him and for our neighbors this week!

6 . Donut Surprise

We had some leftover donuts so I popped them in my kid's lunch boxes.  I rarely do that so I wish I could have seen their smiles at the lunch table.  We've still been enjoying some Easter leftovers for dinner and in their lunch boxes this week.

7. Be Consistent

I've been working on being consistent with my exercising and water drinking for the past couple of months.  I have hit a good stride - a 20-30 minute power walk with Leo in the mornings.  I fit it in sometime after I drop the big kids off at school and before lunch time.  We live in a growing area so there are always construction sites and vehicles to keep him interested.  Then I fill and refill my big water bottle as much as possible throughout the day.  It feels good to make both of these things a priority.

8. Find Mom.  Sit on Mom.

If you follow me on instagram @polkadottyplace, you see this caption regularly.  Leo will find me and sit on me while I drink my coffee.  It's one of my favorite morning routines.  And he now has a grumpy face that he does on cue.  It's adorable and hilarious.

9. Backyard Visitors

We've been finding some fun critters in the backyard.  This little bunny likes to hop around to say hello around dinner time.  Do you see his ears!?  I'm making a note to self that I need to keep snacking bunnies in mind when I plant my Summer flower pots.  And we found another big turtle in our yard.  Leo and I followed Shelly all around the yard.  She was pretty speedy for a turtle.

10. Classroom Incentives

I always appreciate creative classroom incentives.  Olive's teacher gives us a couple of prompts for the week and then asks us to post pictures for them to earn tickets in class.  This one was - take a picture of your child helping with dinner :)

11. Visiting Great Grandma

Leo and I got to spend the morning visiting Kevin's Grandma and had the best time.  He loved her kitty collection and candy bowls.


12. Date night!!

Kevin and I got to squeeze in a date night this week thanks to Mimi & Papaw.  We worked on a project and went out for a delicious dinner.  I can't remember the last time we went on a date alone so this was a real treat!


 

Have a wonderful weekend!!  I've got an exciting line up of posts drafted for you for next week!

Linking up with Momfessionals


4 comments:

  1. Happy Friday, Whitney! I always love seeing what y’all are up to. I need to be better about making sweet treats for my guys. Your fence looks so nice and I’m jealous of your bunny visitor :) When we first moved in we would see a hare occasionally and it was my favorite thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The farmland behind your house looks so beautiful...what a view! Loved hearing about your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be SO nice having family nearby to babysit for date nights!! Our favorite sitter is in college now and we just haven't found a good new one. :/

    Any tips for snacking bunnies? We've gotten some new neighbors recently and there are fewer dogs around now so it seems the bunnies are getting much braver and love our yard! They are cute to watch but they ate all my tulips!!! I didn't even know that was something they ate!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to swap out year to year getting zoo or museum or even aquarium passes and it was such a great way to make visiting those places a priority. My kids learned so much going at various time through the year and times in the day seeing different animals active each visit. Our favorites are often the otters too; they are just so cute and so playful!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.