Friday, October 8, 2021

The Highlights

Happy Friday!  I hope you've had a great week.  We had a busy one and the kids have a long weekend for Fall Break.  Some weeks it's hard to come up with a list of highlights, but not this week.  We had lots of good things going on.  Let's get started.

1 // My favorite tree is starting to turn red!  It fills our backyard with the prettiest red Maple leaves!  The kids can't wait to play in the leaves.  I'm more excited to get some cute pictures of them in the leaves. 

2 // Speaking of leaves - Olive found the biggest leaf on our walk around the neighborhood.  It was huge!

3 // Did you see my post earlier this week for Crockpot Lasagna?  I was skeptical that crockpot lasagna could be as good as traditional lasagna, but this was so yummy!  And very easy to make.  We ate it for dinner twice this week and then I had leftovers for lunch.  It was so good and so easy!  You'll have to try it.

4 // It was a busy week for Jordan Bakery Box - 6 dozen cookies and several charcuterie boxes.  My M&M cookies always look cute individually wrapped.

5 // Mystery Reader!  Kevin got to be the mystery reader in Olive's class.  She loved the surprise and said he was a really good reader :)

6 // Olive had fun at a birthday party with friends at a local Ninja Gym place.  She did all kinds of zip lines and trampolines and foam pits while we were there.  We decided we'll have to go back and take Fletcher next time.


7 // Never did I think I'd have a slide in my kitchen.  But it keeps Leo from climbing on the counters so I'm calling it a win.

Speaking of climbing.  This guy climbed out of his pack n play this week.  Thankfully a sleepsack at naptime solved that problem for now.

And he discovered the fun of a sit and spin.

8 // Leo's half birthday was yesterday.  He's getting so big!  He's talking more and more.  Eating almost anything.  Loves cookies and giving kisses.  He's the sweetest guy who never sits still unless Cocomelon is on.

I put together a fun half lunch for his half birthday.  It's such an easy way to celebrate a half birthday.

9 // We have the cutest cookie shop in town called Bites and Blessings.  I love stopping by their shop to see what their cookie theme is for the week.  I picked up this set for a giveaway in my mom's group.  Aren't these breakfast cookies so cute!?

10 // Story time.

Of all the highlights, this one was really sweet!  Our library finally started offering story time again.  I couldn't wait to sign up.  We went and Leo loved it.  I took both of the older kids to story time every week when they were Leo's age so it felt amazing to be getting back into the swing of things.


11 // We've been seeing the prettiest sunrises on the way to school in the morning.

 12 // Pearl smiles.  I've figured out her favorite time of day - Leo's nap time.  The house is extra quiet with the big kids at school and the baby in bed.  She loves to have my full attention and I swear she's smiling here.


Hope you have a great weekend!  I've got some really fun Fall themed posts planned for next week.

Linking up with Momfessionals

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading your highlights! I know I’m always saying this, but Whitney, your cookies!!! 😍😍😍 Yay for story time! Our library is still all virtual. I think they have virtual story time…sad, but I guess better than nothing. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your dinner box creations!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.