Monday, October 4, 2021

Crockpot Lasagna

I always go for crock pot recipes when the weather starts to turn cool.  Anyone else do that!?  It just seems right for Fall and Winter.  I have two crock pots - a vintage 2004 wedding gift one and a new one with a timer, a clip on lid and a travel case.  I love them both.  I have a really yummy Crockpot Lasagna recipe to share with you today.  I heard someone mention crock pot lasagna and I had to tweak my favorite lasagna recipe for it.  

Look at this Crockpot Lasagna!

I'll be honest.  I wasn't so sure it was possible to make a yummy lasagna in a crockpot.  I'm so happy to tell you that it's definitely possible!  My whole crew licked their plates.  This recipe is a winner! 


 

Crockpot Lasagna Recipe:

1/2 lb cooked ground beef

1/2 chopped onion

3 garlic cloves

salt and pepper to taste

& 1 t your favorite seasoning (I'll post a pic of the local favorite spice blend that I used)

2 24oz jars of your favorite pasta sauce

1 c water

1 bag shredded mozzarella

1 container ricotta cheese

1/2 t oregano

1/2 t basil

Parmesan cheese

1 box oven ready lasagna noodles

 

 

Cook your meat, onions, garlic and spices all together.  Drain off fat.  Add in the pasta sauce and water.  Let that all simmer together.  Stir ricotta. oregano, basil and a dash of salt and pepper together in a separate bowl.

 Here's the Seasoning Salt I used.  It's AMAZING.  If you're local - grab some from Simply Sons.  You can swap it for an Italian seasoning, some Montreal Steak seasoning or anything else you have on hand.

 

Spray your crock pot with a nonstick spray and begin layering.  Start with meat sauce.  Break noodles apart into chunks to make serving and eating easier.  I broke each long noodle up into 5 or so pieces.  Add a layer of noodles.  Add ricotta, shredded mozzarella and parm.  Repeat layers until finished and add mozzarella on top.

 

 


 Half of my family doesn't love cheese (crazy to me!?) but I just extra cheesed my side of the lasagna and under cheesed their side.  It worked out perfectly.  Customize the layers to work for your crew.

 

This will cook up nicely in your crockpot in about 4 hours.  Set your crock pot on high for 2 hours.  Check on it and adjust temp for the final 2 hours of cooking.  If the noodles are softened, switch down to low for the last 2 hours.  If not, keep it on high.  After 4 hours, switch your crockpot to warm.

4 hours later!  Look at this bubbly lasagna goodness.

 

The layers stayed in tact and it was just like a real lasagna.  Just much quicker and much more scoopable.


Spoon out and serve!  It was so nice not to have to carefully slice our pieces.  Jut scoop and go.  We ate it with big salads one night and roasted broccoli the next night.

This was SO good the first night and even better leftover.  I hope you enjoy this really easy way to make lasagna for your family or friends.  It would be perfect for family dinners, tailgating, football parties or any holiday gathering.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.