Friday, October 29, 2021

Halloween Highlights

We've had a very Halloween/pumpkin filled week and it's not even Halloween yet!  Both kids have Halloween parties at school today, a costume parade for the kindergartners, Halloween charcuterie and we will go trick or treating this weekend.  For some reason, our town always trick or treats on Oct 30th AND 31st.  We usually go out one night and pass out candy the other night.  I hope the weather cooperates for a fun weekend!

The best parts of our week were:

1. Mr & Mrs Bones

We have had the best time playing with these silly skeletons.  I added them to our charcuterie board and they're hanging out in my kitchen window right now.  The kids think they're hilarious.  Amazon for the win!  We had this Halloween charcuterie board for dinner last night and I've made TONS of Monster Cookies to sell.



2. Aldi Pumpkins - I was so happy to see that my Aldi was fully stocked with these decorative pumpkins.  I think we had three displays of them.  I loved the classic black and white check.  They were just $4.99.  The quality isn't as great as TJ Maxx or Hobby Lobby Pumpkins - you can see some of the sloppy stitches, BUT they're still really cute.  They had velvet, plaid and mini pumpkins in assorted colored bags.

3. House Ornaments - I was searching for gingerbread cookies for my last grocery pick up order at Walmart and these mini house ornaments popped up as an option.  They're so cute and so inexpensive.  I got two sets and think they'll look so cute on our Christmas tree this year.  They're called mini ornaments but they range from an inch to probably 3 inches for the bottom houses.

4. Moms of Littles - start saving those fruit squeeze pouch lids!  They're so fun for toddlers to play with.  My big kids love to stack them.  Leo loves to have them in a bowl in the kitchen to cook with them.  I give him a whisk and other kitchen utensils.  Free fun!

5. It was a busy week for these two!  LOTS of fun things at School.

Pumpkin Decorating Contest - Olive insisted in a black cat and Fletcher really wanted a spooky spider.  We spent a lot of time on Sunday making these together.  They were SO proud of them.

Red Ribbon Week - the both had a theme to dress up for each day this week.

Parent Teacher Conferences.

As a former teacher, I always look forward to going in for conferences and hearing what the teachers have to say about the kids.

Olive's teacher said // Olive is the model student.  Works well with anyone.  Is always on task.  Works very hard.  Asks questions.  Confident reader.  Right on track if not above in many areas.  Getting better and better at writing and loves school.

Fletcher's teacher said // Fletcher is such a sweet guy.  Always on task.  Lots of friends.  She lists him as the helper any time she has a substitute.  He loves to clip up and works hard to encourage his whole table to follow the rules so they can clip up, too.  Math is his thing.  He's got all the basic skills down really well so now it's time to push him to do new things with reading and spelling and sounding out words.  He loves school and loves his teacher.

We are super proud of both of them and it makes us so happy to hear about them succeeding at school.


6. Ghost print!  I was really happy with house our three ghost prints turned out.  I smile every time I see this on display in our kitchen.

7. Grocery Store Pumpkins - We ran out of time this month for an exciting day at the pumpkin patch.  Leo and I grabbed pumpkins for all three kids at Kroger.  I felt a tiny bit bad/sad about this, but then the kids were totally thrilled to have pumpkins to carve.  They didn't even care we'd picked them out for them.  It ended up being a win even though I was nervous about it.  We'll get busy and carve them tomorrow.  That's more Kevin's department than mine.

8. Matchy PJs always and forever.

9. Pumpkin Nachos.  We'll be making more of these this weekend.

10. I can't wait for Monday!  November 1st = time for the Christmas sheets on all of our beds!!  I wash them and change them out for everyone while they're at work/school.  Then when they head to bed that night they're surprised to see some holiday cheer!  I don't do any other Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving.  What about you?

I hope you have a great Halloween weekend!

Linking up with Momfessionals

3 comments:

  1. Love the charcuterie board! The kids are so cute. Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun stuff this week! Love the skeletons, and the kids did such a good job on their pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a fun idea about the Christmas sheets! I also wait til after Thanksgiving for Christmas decorating. I wrote all about Walmart's cute Christmas decorations today on the blog. Love the little house ornaments.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.