Thursday, November 7, 2013

Healthy-ish Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies

I found several recipes on-line for pumpkin chocolate chip concoctions and ended up coming up with one of my own.  I love chocolate chips in any baked goods so adding it to pumpkin just seems like the right thing to do this time of year.

Ingredients
1 3/4 c bread flour
3 t cinnamon
1/2 t salt
1 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1/3 c butter
1/3 c cinnamon applesauce
1 egg and 2 egg whites
8 oz pumpkin puree
1/3 c water
1 c chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 325 and bake for 20 minutes or so.
Serves 8-10 and can easily be doubled.

Combine sugars and butter.
 Add applesauce, pumpkin and eggs.
 Mix in dry ingredients.
 Add in chocolate chips.

 Pour into your favorite greased baking dish.
 I thought it needed a few more chocolate chips so I sprinkled a small handful on top.

 Bake for 20 or so minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
 Let cool and then start slicing just like you would do for brownies.
 Yummy warm and at room temperature.


 Have your kids help you with this simple recipe.  
My 5 month old was thrilled to bake with me :)

 Linking up with TheWeekendReTreat, InspireMePlease, FlashFridayBlog,
and LinkPartyPalooza

4 comments:

  1. Droooooling! No joke! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything with pumpkin and chocolate sounds good to me. Thanks for sharing on the weekend re-Treat link party!

    Britni @ Play. Party. Pin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great recipe! Thanks for sharing it on my Friday Flash Blog on The Jenny Evolution. I'm pinning now!

    Jennifer @ The Jenny Evolution

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the difference between bread flour and all purpose? Does it make a big difference?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.