Monday, November 25, 2013

Blogging Buddy

My blogging routine has changed a bit since Olive was born.  Actually, it's changed A LOT!  I used to blog after dinner while watching TV or whenever I wanted.  I blog for long periods of time and schedule posts several days out.  Now I try to blog when Olive's napping or late at night once she's gone to bed but sometimes my blog and my baby need attention at the same time.  I sit down to write more frequently for less periods of time because that's all I have time for right now.  I try not to make a habit of blogging and entertaining the baby at the same time but Olive has become quite a good blogging buddy for about 15 minutes at a time.  I'll take it!

We both work best when Olive is happy :)
The exersaucer helps entertain her and I put it right next to my desk so I can talk to her while she plays.  Win-win for both of us.
 Sometimes the swing is very exciting and who knew taking off your socks could be so FUN?!?!
 Sometimes a sea of toys is the best thing since sliced bread.
She babbles to me and her toys and leaves a puddle of drool as proof of a good time.
 These little centers are on heavy rotation at our house 
along with her play mat, board books and Bumbo seat.

 When the toys/swing/exersaucer won't do, then Olive sits on my lap.  We chat about what I'm writing about for the day and I proof read my posts with her.  She kicks her legs to approve as I read to her.

My desk has a glass top and it's always a bit cool so it never fails that Olive's little feet find their way to the glass top.  She likes to put her feet up while I work and I love the view of these cute baby tootsies.

She's just started swatting and being able to grab things so sometimes I let her bang on the keyboard when I'm done or hold onto my hair while I type.  Gotta do what you gotta do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.