Saturday, November 16, 2013

32 Things

In honor of my 32nd birthday,
here's a list of 32 things I'd like to do this coming year:


1. Do crafty DIY projects with Olive for the upcoming holidays
2. Find a Christmas tree farm and take Olive to pick out her first tree
3. Take Olive to meet Santa (and hopefully not traumatize her in the process)
4. Explore Arkansas - NWA, Hot Springs and more.
5. Get a sewing machine
6.  Learn how to sew.
7. Sew Olive some bibs, leggings or fun accessories.
8. Read for fun.
9. Make a few friends in Arkansas.
10. Not sprout any new gray hairs - I've found three!?!?!
11. Exercise more - go on walks and exercise regularly.
12. Travel to Utah in May 2014 for my husband's graduation to celebrate a PhD that has been years in the making!!
13. Head to the beach.
14. Throw a sweet 1st birthday party for Olive.
15. Pack up and move to a new city/state/or new house - my husband is currently applying for jobs for the 2014-15 school year so we have a move in our future next summer.
16. Help my dad campaign & win his sheriff's race- primary in May and election in November.  Parades, campaign material and fundraisers, oh my!
17. Update my hair a bit.
18. Make some new bloggy friends, comment more and interact with all of the amazing ladies on-line.
19. Enjoy some visitors in Arkansas - any takers??  We'd love to show you around :)
20. Start and finish Olive's 1st year scrapbook.
21. Put together a scrapbook of my 9 years at Cottonwood Elementary - I saved sweet notes from parents and students over the years and have all of my official class pictures to put in an album.
22. Keep making accessories and adding them to my etsy shop.
23. Do something extra fun to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary on 7.24.14
24. Do a massive cleaning up/out of my wardrobe.
25. Plan a road trip to visit our friends in Iowa.  They haven't met Olive and we haven't seen them in FOREVER so this is a must!!
26. Find a church to go to in Arkansas
27. Pin less and do more.  I have TONS of pins on Pinterest that are waiting for me to give them a try.
28. Continue my stationery buying hiatus and use up what I have. 
29. Stay in touch with family and friends as much as possible - email, snail mail, Facetime and in person visits.
30. Attend as many local festivals as possible - watermelon fest, AR derby, etc.  :)
31. Visit state and national parks in Arkansas.
32. Learn how to make sugar cookies with royal icing

Here's to a GREAT year!!
I made some special birthday wishes when I blew out my candles 
so we'll have to wait and see if they come true.

8 comments:

  1. What a great list. Happy Birthday Lovely Lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful list! Keep us posted! Also, do you think your mom might share her recipe for your cake? It looks sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great list! If you haven't visited NWA you should. There are some amazing boutiques in fayetteville! Riffraff, Maude,and lots of others..if you ever head that way you should check those places out! Hot Springs is pretty too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment! Welcome to Little Rock!

    We share a birthday--Happy Birthday to you!

    Try Motley's tree farm--it's great! Super nice people and fun holiday experience. Branson is 3 hrs. from here.
    :) Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog... love your blog and your daughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI! Picked your blog post from the Sunday Link Up from Arkansas Women Bloggers. Great idea about making a list on your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Come see me and you can knock out 18 and 31!!!! @theparkwife

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.