Saturday, November 2, 2013

Game Day Monster Cookies

I love cookies especially cookies with chocolate in them.  It doesn't take much for me to get the urge to start baking.  I was craving monster cookies so I wanted to put a fun game day twist on them. 

I bought a bag of mini m&ms (found in m&m candy section at Wal-Mart).  Then I sorted them by colors putting the Notre Dame colored candies in one bowl and the leftovers in another bowl.  I thought I just needed two bowls but really needed three.  I'd imagine that kids (with clean hands) would love to help with this project.

 Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 1/4c brown sugar
1 c sugar
1/2 t salt
1/2 t vanilla
1 1/2 c peanut butter
1 stick butter
1 c mini m&ms
1/2 c regular sized chocolate chips
2 t baking soda
4 1/2 c quick cooking oats

*This recipe can easily be cut in half or into just a third 
because the whole recipe makes about 60 cookies. 
 Perfectly scooped cookie with a cookie scoop.
 Baked at 350 for 8 minutes and cooked on cookie sheet for another 2 minutes.  You MUST let them cool on the cookie sheet because they will fall apart if you try to move them immediately out of the oven.

Let cool complete, eat a few and then plate them on your favorite team colored serving dish.  I made this one at Fired Up! several years ago and it works perfectly for my game day treats.  These cookies are great the day of and are still pretty tasty a day or two later.  Well I'd imagine that they'd still be good two days after but I wouldn't know for sure because they never last that long.
Your family & friends would love these!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.