Tuesday, November 19, 2013

DIY Pom Pom Cluster

I knew I wanted Olive's nursery to have a pom pom cluster so I was eager to make it happen.  I was very lucky to have my sister make so many fun baby shower decorations because she let me keep them when the shower was over.  I actually didn't make any new pom poms because she had made so many.  Her tutorial for them can be found here.  I did purchase the lanterns and flat circles from Hobby Lobby.  I thought the cluster needed something to add some more color and add a different texture so I made a circle garland.  My circle garland tutorial can be found here


You'll need:
clear thumbtacks
fishing line or clear dental floss
scissors
lanterns
circle garland 4-6ft
various sizes of tissue paper pom poms
a step stool

Directions:
Attach different lengths of string to each pom pom,
Hang the largest pom poms/lanterns first,
& Fill in with smaller ones.
Be sure to step back and see if you are keeping things balanced.
Add the circle garland in very last.

The more shapes, colors & textures you have the better!!
I just sit back and SMILE every time I go into Olive's nursery.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these tutorials. Her nursery is adorable and vibrant and I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.