Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Oreo turns 1-0-0

Happy 100th Birthday dear Oreo!!
My class had a little Oreo birthday party.
I had parents donate milk & cookies
so it was an easy party to put together.

I l.o.v.e.d. watching the kids eat their Oreos.
I gave them 5 and told them they had to save one to use for their art.

I precut circles out of black paper.
Gave the kids white crayons to recreate the Oreo.
It was fun to watch them closely examine their Oreos.

Then I had the kids write directions for eating an Oreo the "right" way.
It was quite comical to see how different their instructions were.
A great activity for sequencing, word choice and details.
The kids really enjoyed this yummy writing project.
Oreos rule!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.