Friday, April 20, 2012

Carrot Cake Cupcakes

I have loved carrot cake my whole life.
I used to ask my mom to make it all the time.
Everything I learned about baking came from her.

I've been wanting to make this cake all spring
and a carry-in luncheon was the perfect excuse to make it.
My hubby does not like cream cheese frosting (weird, I know!)
so I pass over recipes that require it most of the time.

* I used 1 c oil instead of 1.5 cups
Grate 3 cups worth of carrots.
 Mix ingredients together.
 The recipe was for a layer cake
but I struggle with keeping layer cakes together.
I also had to travel with this dessert 
so cupcakes seemed to be the perfect solution.
Cute liners are a MUST.
 Bake for 16 minutes.
Recipe makes 30 cupcakes.
 Fresh out of the oven.
 Let cool.
 A very lickable beater of cream cheese frosting.
 I opted not to pipe the icing on and love the way it turned out.
I grew up in a house of nut fans and nut haters
so we always had plain and nutty versions of our desserts.
The pecans were an amazing cupcake topper!
 Give these carrot cake cupcakes a try!

4 comments:

  1. Hi. I was looking for healthy cupcake recipes when I chanced upon your carrot cupcakes. They really look yummy :) Just like to ask if we were to substitute the oil with butter, how much butter is equivalent to 1 cup of oil?
    Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    God Bless
    gml

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are tasty. I'd try switching out the oil for applesauce. I've done it before and it has worked great.

      Delete
  2. They look so delicious...and the frosting too! YUM! We loved having you link up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope you'll be back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ladies! LOVE linking up with you each week.

      Delete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.