Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sweets Candy Factory

I went with my class on a field trip to Sweets Candy Factory
and we had a GREAT time!!
For those of you who don't know, Sweets is a local candy company
that has been around for 100ish years.
It is family owned and is most famous for their salt water taffy.

The factory tour is free 
but I'll dare you to go into their candy shop and not spend any money!
Here's what you' ll see if you go:
 The candy store:
 We let the kids bring $5 to spend in the store.
The cashiers were really patient with our beginning money counting 2nd graders.
You watch a video about the factory, wear a hair net for the tour, 
try samples on the tour and shop in the candy store.
We were able to see them making salt water taffy
but wish the chocolate machines & jelly bean areas were running while we were there.
 The kids were thrilled with all the candy they got.
 I spent around $10 in the store and got:
 These are delish and are a brand new product!
It's a trial candy and it's fun to be the first to try it.

If you don't live in Salt Lake, feel free to check out Sweets Candy On-line
I'd highly recommend their candy and it is really easy to order. 
I've ordered taffy, sent it as gifts and it was very well received.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.