Thursday, March 15, 2012

Key Lime Pie

I'm a fan of Key Lime Pie...
remember this shot from my visit to Key West?
Ahhhhh.... chocolate covered Key Lime pie!

I found this recipe for Key Lime Pie and decided to give it a try.
I followed the recipe exactly.
I was thrilled to find Key Lime Juice for $2.99 at World Market!
I had looked at several grocery stores with no luck finding fresh key limes
so this option was much easier and cheaper.
 I decided to go out on a limb and give the sugar cone crust a try...
 Same difficulty as doing a homemade, graham cracker crust.
However, I think the graham cracker crust would have been better.

My first attempt at a custard type of pie.
 One fat free and one regular sweetened condensed milk.
 All mixed up but not quite festive enough for me.
 Much better :)
 Marry the filling with the crust.
 Freeze for one hour.
 I was skeptical if it would set that quickly but it did!
 Time to prepare it to serve.
 * I got this handy gadget from my friend, Erin, for Christmas 
and I've been dying to give it a try!
 It worked like a charm.
Great, tart pie.
Filling had a great flavor; small pieces are best.
The only change I'd make would be to do a graham cracker crust next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.