Friday, March 23, 2012

Baby Shower: Lovebirds

Part of my job is planning super fun parties for my co-workers.
I have a master list of people to invite and then mark their RSVPs accordingly.
 Holly is having a girl and her colors are pink & brown.
Here was the invitation that I sent out about a month ago.
I was underwhelmed with my prototype 
so I brainstormed some ways to jazz it up.
 The nursery has love birds in it
so I figured that would be an easy addition to the invite.
 Done!
 No envelopes as I was hand delivering most of them.
The shower was yesterday and it turned out great!
FAVORS;
 BAGEL AND FRUIT BUFFET
I got bagels from Einsteins and various people brought in fruits.
We had a few other treats in the mix too.
I used all glass serving pieces.
I'm also a big fan of labels so that everyone knows what their options are.
I made 4 yummy fruit dips and I'll post the recipes for those soon.
 I did not want to pay money for sticks so Kevin and I went on a stick scavenger hunt 
through our neighborhood to find this bouquet.
He thought I was crazy but he couldn't see my vision :) 
I added some paper sticker flowers to make it look like a springy bunch of sticks.
I've been saving glass jars for a while now and they made perfect centerpiece vases.
I added pink and green ribbon to each, put clear marbles in the bottom 
and added natury potpourri or fresh flowers from Sams.
TABLES:
A BIG thank you to my set up and tear down crew that helped me pull this event off!
My plate of yumminess.
 We had a great turn out.
 Congratulations on your baby girl my Midwestern friend!!

Polka-dotted napkins, plates = Target
Utensils, placemats, table cloths = Zurchers
Pink flower decorations, doilies, etc. = Micheals

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.