Thursday, March 8, 2012

Irish Soda Bread

Kevin L.O.V.E.S. Irish Soda bread.
Great Harvest makes a great bread each March.
 I've tried a few different recipes.
This one turned out to be very lovely but VERY salty!
 My best effort yet.
Spotted Dog Irish Soda Bread
Kevin said it was a "Perfect 10"
Sadly, I can't tell you how it tastes because I'd rather eat cookies!
Here's the original recipe.

I made a few changes:
2 c whole wheat flour
2 c white flour
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
2 t sugar
12 oz golden & regular raisins
1 egg
1 3/4 c buttermilk

Bake at 425
Mix all dry ingredients together.
Make a well in the center to add liquid.
Add liquid.
Mix but be sure to not over mix.
Form the dough into a circle about 2.5 in high.
Cut deep X into top.
Bake for 35-40 minutes.

Only keeps for a day or two so eat quickly!
I make this especially for the mister each March.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.