Friday, March 16, 2012

Ever Write a Limerick?

Writing limericks is a tricky endeavor.
Lines 1, 2 and 5 should rhyme and lines 3 & 4 should have a different rhyme.
They should be silly, use lots of terms related to St. Patrick's day 
(I give my class a word bank to choose from which includes words like 
Blarney stone, gold, pot of gold, rainbow, etc.)

I have to read many examples, do some collaborative writing, 
do 2-3 rough drafts and then we have something that is ready to publish.
Here are a few of the best limericks my class came up with.

 We also did some fun shamrock designs.
Each section has to be a different pattern.
This garland adorns the back of our classroom.
 My classroom is looking oh so festive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.