Thursday, August 13, 2015

Indiana State Fair

It's a family tradition for Kevin and I to check out the state fairs where we are living.  We have always lived in capital cities until this last move, but are lucky to only be one hour from Indianapolis.


We met Kevin's brother Kyle in Indy and headed to the fair together.

We were all looking forward to some delicious food and a fun evening.  Kevin is the best deal hunter and learned about $2 Tuesdays where admission costs were $2 instead of $12.  So we planned our trip around this deal.  Things were crowded, but we got there early and didn't stay super late.  It worked out just fine and we all agreed that it was nice to save $10/person by going that night.

We ate corn dogs, beignets and taffy.
The food all looked delicious - burritos, chicken kabobs, sirloin tips and desserts.

Olive's favorite parts were seeing the tractors and the animals.  It's the year of the farmer so everything was very farm-y :)  Olive did her best animal sounds through all of the barns and she thought it was hilarious when an animal was curious about her.




 Kevin and I both grew up in Indiana, but neither of us had ever been to the state fair.  We posed with some corn and were happy to check this off of our new to Indiana to do list.

3 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! Kevin did a great job finding the best deal on tickets - that made for a really affordable family fun night! One of my all-time favorite movies is an old Rogers & Hammerstein musical called "State Fair," where a family spends a week at the Iowa state fair and all their dreams come true. :) I haven't been to the fair in years - the last time was to attend a Sugarland concert. Thanks for sharing your fun time!
    http://comehomeforcomfort.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I know Olivia would love a state fair. Sheet seeing everyone's posts, I checked and ours was back in April. We'll see if I remember it next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! I don't think I've ever been to a state fair, but a lady in my office is making a trip home to Minnesota this weekend just to go to their state fair, haha.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.