Friday, August 28, 2015

The Best Parts

It was a lovely week in the Midwest this week.  The weather was in the 70s almost every single day and it really makes me ready for Fall.  I'm loving these nice, in between days and trying to get out and about as much as possible.  The best parts of our week...

1. PUMPKINS - Wal-mart got their fall decorations out and I just loved these tiny pumpkins.  They were $0.98 each and there were so many different ones.  I picked my six favorite and am eager to get out the rest of my fall decorations.  Have you started decorating yet?  I'm thinking I'll wait until September and then get started.

2. I've been eating strawberry shortcake for dessert this week and it's so good!  My MIL made us some for dessert and then I just had to come home and make some for us.  They were both really tasty.

3. I threw a woodland creature shower for a friend last weekend and it turned out GREAT!!  The decorations were so cute and I loved all the fun patterns.  We had a breakfast buffet for guests and the food was so good.  Stay tuned for more details on the shower next week.
My sister and my mom helped me throw a lovely shower.
 My high school friends gathered to celebrate baby Simmons :)

4.We had a great day at the park.  Olive is far too brave for her own good.  She quickly bypassed the little playground and set her sights on the BIG kid playground.  She had a blast until it was time to go.  She threw a fit, we drove home and then she hugged me and said "Thank you park" when we got home.  So I'm going to forget the tantrum and focus on the sweet thank you I got when we arrived at home.  Toddlers are funny little people!

5.  We had a quick visit home to see family and friends last weekend.  It was a busy time, but it was so nice to see everyone.  Olive wanted to see with Mimi & Papaw when we went out for pizza.
 We had a fun lunch date with cousins :)
The fountain was almost as much fun as the delicious Mexican food.

Any fun plans for your weekend?  

8 comments:

  1. I'm starting to think about Fall decorating too! Love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pumpkins are sooo cute! We aren't decorating for Fall this year because we are in a rental and have no space to store things BUT I may just wait for everything to go on clearance to get for next year when we hopefully will have a house haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My niece Sofie, who is 16-months, is the same way. We went to a water park and she refused to play in the baby play area. She wanted to go to the big kid play area.

    I'm getting very excited about Fall too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olive is too stinking cute! Looks like you had a busy, fun week!
    -Mariah
    www.faithandfashionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant wait for fall! I'm going to have to pick up some of those pumpkins! Olivia cries everyday leaving the playground. It's the worst part. But they get over it quickly. Sometimes I put candy in the car so when its time to leave I can tell her abt the candy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pumpkins are getting me very excited for Fall to arrive! Eeeeps! And I have also been eating strawberry shortcake lately. I love it! - Seri from www.Serisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always say Sept. 1 is the first day for Fall décor! :) Is that Old Chicago where you went for pizza? Yum I love that place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those pumpkins! I can't wait to start decorating! Fall is my absolute favorite! Olive is so adorable :)

    Thanks for linking up to H54F!
    Della @ Della Devoted
    www.delladevoted.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.