Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Mother's Day Recap

We had a great Mother's Day weekend!  We got to spend the day at home on Saturday working in the yard and then Sunday was busy with church and seeing both sides of our family.  It was a fun weekend.

 

A quick picture together after church on Mother's Day.

We had lunch with Kevin's mom and dinner with my mom.  We saw lots of family and it was great!

Olive made me this poster.  I laughed when she said I had interesting taste in clothes (she said it was because I like to wear dresses) and that I always say dinner time (she didn't want to put something mushy like I love you because that was so cringe).  We do love chatting and shopping together.

Fletcher knows me well! I love Chick-Fil-A, love the park, snuggles and playing outside.  And I'm the best at cooking.  He said he painted me all of my favorite things - flowers and rainbows.

Leo has the sweetest teachers at church.  They stamped all of the toddler's hands for their moms Sunday morning.  God bless them.  Leo was so proud of his flower.


Bike rides with mom.

Grilling steaks for mom.  Kevin worked so hard on the yard, grilling steaks for us, surprising me with a treadmill after ours didn't survive our move and making sure I had the best weekend.  He's the best!

Gardening with mom.  The guys did the hard part - digging the holes - and the girls did the planning and the planting.

Water the garden + play in the sprinklers while Leo napped.

Years ago we started the tradition of going to the garden center Mother's Day weekend to pick out all our flowers for the season.  I look forward to it all year long.  This year we did it a little differently.  We made several trips and didn't stress out about getting everything all at once.

It was freezing when Olive and Fletcher went with me.  They helped pick out some new flowers to try. They are getting to be better gardeners every year.  They made sure all of our flowers worked for our full sun yard and they loved helping me find pretty combinations of flowers.


On another trip we grabbed plants for my herb pot and lots of veggies.


And Leo has been with me more times than he'd prefer to put the finishing touches on our flower pots for the season.  He's a mostly good helper as long as I bring snacks.


I can't wait to give you a tour of our garden and my pretty pots this year.

I hope you had a sweet weekend celebrating your favorite ladies!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see all your flowers blooming all summer! That little handprint is no small feat! I volunteered in a preschool class once when they did these and it was challenging to get each child handprinted and then washed up!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.