Friday, May 19, 2023

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday!  I hope you had a great week.  My week was long!  We've been working on potty training with Leo which is exciting and exhausting.  I didn't get done quite as much as I had hoped.  I think I'm trying to cram too much into my last few days before Summer break.  And I kept forgetting what day it was and everything seemed all jumbled.  But we had a good one :)

Did you catch my blog posts this week?

Baked Chicken Tacos - I'm still dreaming of these!

Mother's Day Recap - it was a good one!

DIY Dairy Queen Blizzards - the perfect recipe for Summer.

 

Now onto my favorite moments of the week:

1 // Family Dinner Charcuterie Board + Pepperoni Bread sticks

When the weather warms up, my family loves to have charcuterie boards for dinner.  I made this one this week and everyone enjoyed it.  I try to chop the veggies and the cheeses up in advance so that I can put the board together quickly at dinner time.

Kevin picked up a new frozen bread stick for us to try and they were delicious.  We were fighting over them!  It's so nice to add one warm thing to your dinner boards to make them a little more filling.  We will definitely buy these loaded pepperoni bread sticks again!


2 // Wrapping up school lunch duty

I love packing yummy lunches for the kids.  I have 3 sets of school lunches left to pack this year.  I asked the kids to tell me what they get most excited to see in their school lunches.  Fletcher said a PPJ (aka PBJ) and Olive said noodles.  They both like chocolate dipped pretzels and berries and Reese's cups.  I know they both really enjoy their big hug from home in the middle of their school day.


3 // Jordan Bakery Box

It's been a busy week at Jordan Bakery Box!  I had an order for camo cookies and pretzels, rainbow cookies, school spirit cookies and then I made some teacher cookie boxes.  I also got to add my red, white and blue M&M cookies back to the menu for Summer!



 4 // Mother's Day fun

We had a great Mother's Day and it seems like the festivities and special treatment lasted all week long!

5 // Sweet Penny

Penny loves Fletcher so much.  She's his shadow she he's home and it's the sweetest.

6 // Backyard Fun

We played outside as much as possible all week.  Sidewalk chalk art, gardening, catching critters, playing games, reading outside, making s'mores and more.  The weather was so nice in the Midwest!






7 // Mountain Climbing Leo

Now that Leo is three, he's stronger and bigger and an even better climber.  This week I found him climbing into the fridge for a snack, on top of the stove getting his own banana and on the counters looking for the jar of jelly beans.  He wants zero help and he needs a bodyguard.



8 // FIELD DAY!

Both big kids had their field days this week.  They were so so excited for them.  Kevin went to cheer them on and their PE teacher came up with the neatest games.  They played hard and they both came home exhausted.  They also had the Kona Ice Truck show up at school and all the kids got snow cones one day this week!






9 // Nothing But Time

Have you heard Kate @naptimekitchen talk about having #nothingbuttime in regards to being home with her little kids?  I love the idea of slowing down and enjoying the little things more because there are definitely pockets of our days where we have nothing but time.  This week I let Leo out of his stroller on our walk so that he could check out the flowers a little closer.  He was thrilled.  And it was a good reminder for me to not always be so task oriented 24/7.

10 // Herb Garden

I've always wanted to have a small herb garden on my patio and this year we made it happen!  I planted green onions that I'd been growing in my fridge from store bought onions, cilantro, catnip, dill and basil.  I can't wait to trim some to use in recipes this Summer.



See you back here on Monday!

Linking up with Momfessionals

1 comment:

  1. I went on the Screamin' Sicilian website to see if those Pepperoni Loaded Breadsticks are at a store near me. Nope! I filled out their online request form. Man those look good!!!!!

    All the bento box lunches look yummy.

    I haven't really explored your site so the answer may be there somewhere, but, it looks like you are a baker and maybe own your own baking company or something? How cool is that??? I like that you put a GOOD AMOUNT of M&Ms in your cookies!!!!!

    Fletcher and Penny!!!!! I could cry over the sweetness. Such a beautiful cat, too!!!!

    Ack I love that mischievous little Leo and his shenanigans!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.