Wednesday, May 17, 2023

DIY Dairy Queen Blizzards

It's the perfect time of year for DIY Dairy Queen Blizzards!

I got several messages and comments about the DIY Dairy Queen Blizzards we make at home when I shared about them last week.  The recipe and process is so easy.  You'll definitely have to put them on your radar for Summer.

We love Oreo blizzards and Butterfinger blizzards from Dairy Queen, but they are expensive!  We make them at home way more often than we head to DQ.

I love these fun size Butterfingers for blizzards. I usually chop one of these per person.  I chop them one at a time on a napkin and then just dump one candy bar into each cup.

If I'm making 3 or more blizzards, I'll use my Ninja blender.  I typically do 3 good size scoops of ice cream per person and then a generous pour of milk.  Blend until smooth.  Pour in the candy mix ins and stir with a long spoon.  Then I dish it out equally into fun cups.  If we are having Oreo blizzards, I put 1 Oreo per person in a bag and smash them pretty fine.  One of my kiddos loves big candy chunks in his so I usually add some extra chunky chunks into his blizzard.



If I'm just making small blizzards or just one or two blizzards, this is my process: Scoop 2-3 big scoops of ice cream into a cup.  Add a splash of milk.  And stir by hand until it's well combined.  Then stir in the candy mix ins.

Our whole family loves these DIY blizzards!  You'll have to let me know if you try them.  They are the perfect Summer treat that won't break the bank.

Toddler to parent approved!  Any time I can find a treat that the whole family loves I am thrilled.


1 comment:

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.