Monday, May 8, 2023

Graduation Road Trip

Kevin and I set our alarms for a 5:00am wake up on Saturday morning so that we could head back to our old city to celebrate our friends graduating.  We considered bringing the kids, but it just seemed like too much to ask of them for a quick trip.  Thankfully my parents also set a 5:00am alarm and came to hang out with the kids for the day.

We hadn't been back to our old city since we moved in December of 2021.  

I had mixed feelings.  Would it be sad?  Would it be fun?  Would it feel homey?  I am happy to report that we had a great day there.  It was sweet, nostalgic and I think it'll always feel a little like home.  We lived there for 6.5 years.  Both boys were born there, we renovated a house that we loved and we still have lots of good friends there.  I'm so glad we go to go back for the day.

 

We zoomed 2 hours north, switched time zones and I dropped Kevin off at the door to run in to line up for graduation.  I hurried inside to grab a seat just as the ceremony was starting.  Fletcher made me the sweetest blue bracelet to wear.  He asked to see my outfit for the day and then made me a bracelet to match all on his own.  He's the most thoughtful guy.

The ceremony went well!  Kevin got to hood his two PsyD students - Ari and Cara that graduated.  It was an exciting milestone for all of them!  Remember when we went to all of their weddings last summer?  It's so fun to be able to continue to celebrate big milestones with them.

We loved visiting with their families, chatting with former colleagues, snapping pictures around campus and reminiscing about life at Indiana State.  We grabbed brunch with the big group and then did a little tour around town.  We visited our old house.  Thankfully it's being well taken care of, but it looked different and not like ours anymore.  We grabbed our favorite snacks and just enjoyed the view!








 What a fun graduation day at Indiana State!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad it was happy and not too bittersweet to return to your old hometown. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.