Friday, May 12, 2023

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, friends!  I hope you've had a nice week.  I am in denial that we're almost half way through May.  My kids have 7 days of school left and Olive turns 10 at the end of the month!  It's going to be a busy rest of the  month for us.  Here are my Friday favorites:

1 // Flowers

After 3 trips to 2 different garden centers, I got all of my pots planted.  I'm so happy with how everything turned out.  I learned last year that my entire yard is full sun so I had a better idea of waht to shop for (full sun!!) and what to avoid (shade plants!) this year.  The kids helped me pick out flowers - I got favorites and lots of new plants to try.  

I found a pair of these sweet red basket planters at HomeGoods at the end of the season last year.  They have been patiently living in my garage all winter and I couldn't wait to use them.  Don't they looks so pretty with a bouquet of flowers in them?  My ferns are planted, too.  Check back next week for a flower and fairy garden tour.


2 // Day Date

Kevin and I got to head out of town for the day to go to his student's graduation!  It was my favorite!  Another favorite is this blue floral top!  Isn't it pretty for Summer!?

3 // School Fun

Olive has been working on her bio bottle project for a famous Hoosier.  Eliza Blaker did so much to advocate for early education and kindergarten in our state.  It was neat to see Olive's vision for her lady and we worked together to get everything just right. She crocheted a bag to hold all of her teaching supplies and it turned out so nice.  She's got a big presentation to do after researching her all month.


Fletcher had a class party and had so much fun!  We didn't get to attend either kid's Spring Party because it was in the middle of the day so I was really glad their teachers posted pictures.

4 // School Lunches

I'm working extra hard to stay motivated to keep packing yummy lunches for the kids.  They've been loving Butterfingers, berries and Hawaiian roll sandwiches.  They also think it's hilarious when Leo writes/scribbles their lunch box notes.


5 // Silly Pearl

She loves to lounge all over the house, but this is her current favorite spot.  Followed closely by anywhere that is out of Leo's reach.

6 // Jordan Bakery Box

The teacher appreciate week orders were so much fun this week!



7 // Kitty City

After having cats for 15+ years, we had never owned any cat furniture.  In an interesting turn of events, a friend gifted us a brand new kitty city.  I wasn't sure we needed it, but Olive insisted she wanted it for her room.  Penny and Pearl love it so it looks like Olive was right.  Thanks to my dad for building it!

8 // Bedroom Redo

We've been working hard on the boy's new room and Olive's new room.  Things are coming together nicely.  Look at this cute t-rex lamp I found for Leo's night stand!  He's going to love it!  And I hope he doesn't break it.

9 // Leo Time

Remember how I said I was going to be soaking up the last few days of just Leo and me time before all the kids are home for the Summer??  I wasn't kidding.  He let me rock him to sleep.  He likes to hang out in our rocking chairs on the patio and we made some plans with friends.


10 // Sunset Bike Rides

We've been taking turns taking the kids on sunset bike rides.  One parent stays back with Leo and the other parent rides the neighborhood with the big kids.  It's one of my favorite parts of the day.

11 // Walking Buddy

The weather was great for several walks and finding snails this week.  I have strict instructions to keep my eyes peeled for turtles.  Fletcher really wants to find a turtle or two or three this Summer like we did last year.

12 // Just a few more...

I keep telling myself I'm done buying flowers, but then I go to the garden center and see beauties like these!  The purple Verbena are so so pretty!  I have white ones in the front yard and I couldn't resist these lovely purple plants.  Add in some yellow and white Lantana, Aspargus fern and a few more.  I can't wait to watch my planters fill in and grow all summer long.


I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  Happy Mother's Day to all of my mom friends out there.  We've got plans to enjoy the weekend, to see Kevin's mom and my mom as well as lots of other ladies we love.  Big hugs to you if Mother's Day weekend is a hard one for you.  I hope you're able to spend the day with the people you love doing things that you love.  See you back here on Monday!

Linking up with Momfessionals

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have done really well in your garden. The basket planters are so cute and the flowers are so pretty.
    Well done to Olive with her school project. She has done really well.
    Those school lunches look so good. I do so well at the start of the school year but now I have just about given up. Oops.
    I bet the cats are loving their kitty city! It really is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.