Friday, May 5, 2023

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  I hope you've had a great week.  It's been BUSY over here.  My kids have a 3 day weekend and May is wild!  I was working on this post and no wonder I'm tired.  We have been doing all the school activities, field trips, projects and playing outside a ton.  I've got a lot of favorite moments from the week - buckle up!

 

1 // Zoo Field Trip

After getting rescheduled due to rain, we had the most perfect day at the zoo with the first grade (and a million other kids!).  My group was fun and busy.  Fletcher loved having me there even though he was nervous about riding the bus and going on his first field trip.  He had a blast.  And I laughed when one of the little guys in my group introduced himself and told me he loved to run away and hide from adults.  haha.  Luckily we only lost him a time or two :)




2 // Puzzles

TJ Maxx has the cutest puzzles!  My big kids love doing 500 piece puzzles with me.  They seem like the perfect size to be fun and not frustrating.  Honestly, I am still learning to love puzzles.  We set them up in our office so we can work on them when Leo isn't around (nap time or bedtime).  I grabbed this one to surprise them with when we start Summer break.  Look at these cute birds.  I love that the birds are all unique.  It should be a fun one.  The puzzles at TJ are so much more affordable than other places.  I think this was $6.99.

3 // Toddlers

So sweet and so spicy!  Do you need a guy to rearrange your kitchen cabinets??  I know a guy.  RIP my perfectly sorted an organized kitchen utensils.  But that smile is a favorite.  Maybe it's a sign that he'll love cooking as much as me.

Olive plays the cutest game with him called RAPTORS.  She totes him around all over the yard and he makes raptor/dinosaur noises.  He's in heaven and she is the sweetest big sis.

4 // Dinner Guest Surprises

We had dinner guests twice recently and Kevin surprised me both times.  Once with fresh flowers for the table because "tables look better with a fresh bouquet!"  And the other time he ordered pizza for dinner Crumbl Cookies for us for dessert so that I could just enjoy having guests.  How sweet is he?!?!


5 // Walks

Leo and I are upping our walking game.  We did 30 minute brisk walks most days this week.  My legs are sore in the best way.  He loved picking some bouquets and spotting creatures along the way.

 

6 // Best Friends

Fletcher made it his mission this week to work hard to become Leo's best friend.  He did everything Leo asked and is determined to win that title.  He's got stiff competition with Olive :)  I hope the three of them are always the best of friends.  It's Leo's favorite task to line all of his cars up like this on his city rug.  He does it over and over again.

7 // Backyard S'mores

We got a tiny solo stove that has been so fun for making quick after dinner smores.  Also, if you need us from now through Fall, we'll be in the backyard.  The kids loved roasting their own marshmallows.  I have the pantry fully stocked with all the s'mores ingredients.




8 // Backyard Fun

Each of the kids have found their favorite back yard activities.

Olive = 4 leaf clover hunting and flower chain making

Fletcher = Metal detecting, digging and bouquet making

Leo = digging holes like a puppy or playing in the future garden



9 // Baby Birds

This week we learned that a robin's eggs take approximately 16 days to hatch.  We've been on baby bird watch and these 4 cuties are doing so well.  Their mom takes such good care of them.  It's been a highlight to watch them grow and get fuzzier every day.

10 // Sheet Pan Nachos

This is what my dinner dreams are made of.  Everyone got a corner to customize and we all loved this meal.  I did the same meat and cheese base for the whole sheet and we customized our toppings.  Yum!  Did you catch my dinner post earlier this week 6 Simple Dinner Ideas for Busy Nights?



11 // School Lunch

Kevin got to have lunch with both kids this month.  They loved having him at school for lunch!  It's tricky to schedule so I'm glad we both got to have lunch with them this year.  Then we divided and conquered for field trips and field days.  Whew!  May is BUSY.

12 // Kites

The kids have loved flying their kites.  The are so pretty and fun to fly!  I link the kites and all of my recent Amazon Must Haves in this blog post.




13 // Garden progress

We are total garden newbies, but we're learning.  A friend came to help us till a spot and Fletcher got ot help.  He was thrilled.  We've made lists of plants and plans. Wish us luck!

 14 // College visits

I'm not a spontaneous person so I have to try hard to do remember to be spontaneous from time to time.  We popped by Kevin's school to say hello one day and it was so fun!  Leo loved it and so did Kevin.

15 // Themed Days

Fletcher's class earned a fun movie and game day.  He was so excited to pick out the perfect blanket and puppy pillow to bring in to school.

Olive's class had their Spring Party that included a color run.  I couldn't make it to the party so I'm really thankful a friend snapped this picture for me.


16 // Polka Dots Play Cafe

We met some friends at the cutest cafe this week - Polka Dots Play Cafe.  Local friends - it's in Haubstadt and totally worth the drive.  The little ones had the best time playing and the moms had a wonderful time visiting.  We can't wait to go back.  Leo loved the pretend play and all the opportunities to climb.  I had to purchase grippy socks for him because I didn't know he had to have socks.  Also, he doesn't own any socks because my kids hate them.




I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  We've got some fun plans on the calendar and another busy week next week.  See you back here on Monday!

Linking up with Momfessionals


2 comments:

  1. Not at all heart attack inducing to tell a chaperone you love to run away and hide! Haha; oh that is too priceless. Those baby birds are so cute. What a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.