Monday, May 15, 2023

Baked Chicken Tacos

I hope you had a Happy Mother's Day weekend!  I'll be back tomorrow with a recap of ours.  I just couldn't wait one more second to tell you about the yummiest dinner I've made in a long time.  We all licked our plates and I was proud of the way these tacos turned out.

These Baked Chicken Tacos were so easy and so delicious!

I would normally add lettuce to the plates, but we were out and I have been working hard to minimize my trips to the grocery store.  We made due and it was just fine!  It was a good reminder to me to shop my freezer, fridge and pantry first and make due with what I have.  Your family probably won't even notice.

You'll need:

1 box of hard shell tacos

2 cans of white meat chicken drained

taco seasoning + water

and all of your favorite taco toppings!

We loved sauteed sweet peppers and onions, purple and green onions, black olives, cheese, tomatoes, fresh corn, sour cream, chips and salsa.  Next time I'll plan on adding lettuce.

I served our tacos with lime rice (white rice with the juice and zest of 1 lime), black beans and salsa.

 

Directions:

Drain your cans of chicken, shred the chicken and heat up on the stove top with taco seasoning and water.  Let simmer for 15-30 minutes.  Then fill your taco shells making sure to drain off any liquid. If your chicken isn't well drained it will make your hard taco shells soggy.  Then add your toppings that you want to warm up in the oven and cheese.  I did this at 350 for 10 minutes or so.  I built tacos for everyone in the same pan - plain chicken, cheese only, a little cheese and all the toppings.

 Before baking:

After baking:

The toddler version of this dinner.  He added a corn cob and wanted all of his ingredients separate.

The big kids built their own plates and this was my plate.  I left the corn on the cob for the kids and they had chips and salsa.

I made enough extra so that I could have a taco bowl for lunch the next day.  It was so good and so easy to reheat!


I honestly cannot wait to have this dinner again.  

Would your family enjoy this?? I love that you can customize it to work with any type of meat, taco shell or toppings.  It was a major winner in our dinner recipe book!


4 comments:

  1. That look delicious! It wouldn’t have occurred to me to use canned chicken, but that’s so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family is just me so YES, my family would definitely enjoy those taco plates and bowls. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do baked tacos with the flat bottomed taco shells. Game. Changer!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.