Friday, December 2, 2022

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  And Happy December!  I feel like these next few weeks are going to fly by.  I hope they're happy and healthy weeks for all of us.  I am in pretty good shape with shopping, planning, Christmas cards and festivities.  We've had a good week.  Let me tell you about my favorite parts!

1 // Elf on the Shelf

No one is more surprised that we're doing our own version Elf on the Shelf than me.  I've resisted for years, but this year felt right.  We weren't moving at Christmas like last year and my kids have been dying to join in the elf fun.  I already had these elves - Holly, Jolly & Chris.  I customized them a bit to work for my kids - eye color to match their eyes and accessories like tutus and earrings.

These elves will not be doing anything naughty or making messes.  There aren't any rules we're following and they won't be sending any behavior reports to Santa.  They'll just be moving around the house and helping spread Christmas cheer from now until Christmas.

Their first treat was an edible Christmas tree farm and an invitation to go tree shopping.


2 // Downtown with Dad

Kevin took the big kids to a basketball game this week.  They don't start until 7pm which is late for Leo.  So we divided and conquered.  I stayed home with Leo and he went with the big kids.  It worked out great.  So if you've got a big age gap with your crew, consider doing this.  They got snacks and cheered for the Aces.  Kevin also knew I'd love a picture of the kids by this huge purple Christmas tree.  He was right :)


3 // Road trip + Dinner with Friends

Some of my very favorite Terre Haute friends planned a holiday dinner meet up for us.  Remember that they drive an hour South and I drive an hour North to meet at Old Chicago for dinner?  It's perfect!  We always have the very best time together.  I look forward to seeing them so much!  Old Chicago has the best Italian Nachos & Pepperoni Pizza rolls.  We sat there for hours catching up :)


4 // Half Birthday

Olive turned 9 1/2 this week!  She got to pick dinner and dessert that night.  She chose Freddy's burgers and fries with ice cream for dessert.  I can't believe she'll be 10 in the Spring.  She loves school, is working hard to make new friends, loves to craft, loves to read and stays up late at night making lists and dreaming up plans for projects.

5 // Old Navy Finds

I added some new tops to my wardrobe this season thanks to lots of Old Navy rewards money.  I love their new twist on traditional plaids and I got some cute thermals and sweaters.  I don't need a ton of new things so I find adding in a few new pieces each season works for me.

6 // New Wreath

I put together a new peppermint inspired wreath for my front door for Christmas.  My red door + a red berry wreath just wasn't quite working.  Check back next week for more details.

7 // Leo Dedication

Look at this cutie!  I'm so glad he got to participate in the baby dedication at our church.

8 // The Pit

We've really enjoyed having a fire pit.  It's a great hang out spot for us to relax and chat.  I'll give you a full tour of the fire pit and planning process for that project soon.  Leo has nicknamed this spot "The Pit" and asks to go out to the pit all the time.

9 // Oh Christmas Tree

We've put up several trees so far - playroom, big kid's room, Leo's room and our bedroom.  We are planning to decorate our real family room tree this weekend.  I'll give you a tour of the trees when they're all done.  The big kids love their colorful bedroom tree so much.  Is there anything better than falling asleep to the lights of a Christmas tree??



10 // Sunrise on the Farm

We've had some really beautiful sunrises this week!

11 // Smoothie Bowls

When I don't feel like making lunch or don't know what to make for lunch, I go for a smoothie bowl.  I mix frozen bananas, berries and water in my blender until smooth.  Then pour it into a bowl and add toppings.  It's so yummy!

12 // Movie Night

My favorite thing in the world is piling on our huge play room couch and watching a movie with the kids at the end of the day.  We've watched The Rise of Gru, Home Alone and Home Alone 2 so far.  What are your favorite Christmas movies?

13 // Jordan Bakery Box

I've had some fun orders come in lately.  This order was for a rainbow baby shower.  Rainbow themed with a little boy on the way.  Rainbow sprinkle chocolate chip cookies and Blue M&M Monster Cookies.  They turned out so cute.


I hope that you've got fun plans this weekend with the people you love most.

Linking up with Momfessionals

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful list of favorites! My boys used to love falling asleep to the lights of their trees; but now I only have 1 boy that even bothers to put up a tree in his room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fire pit area looks awesome...it will be the place for many family memories. My kids enjoyed the Elf for many years, and thank goodness it was all before the Elf was a "thing" with accessories, pranks, notes, breakfasts, etc. He just showed up, moved around occasionally and brought a few treats. They made him an apartment out of a box complete with furnishings, and he would pop in there too. Your kids will love it! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your smoothie bowl looks so delicious and healthy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have the most fun season with the Elves! I don't use mine for naughty things or mischief, either. I use them for good and to redirect Mason back to Jesus or to spread goodness and cheer! How did the kids like the basketball game? That firepit looks dreamy and so does the tree in the kid's room!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.