Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Workout Wednesday

Hey Friends!  I'm excited to tell you about my latest workout routine and healthy goals.  For the past two months I've been working on being consistent.  For me that means I'm showing up the majority of the time to get in lots of water drinking, exercising most days, going to bed earlier and eating less processed foods.  They sound simple because they are.  I'm excited to see how these simple changes add up to me feeling my best.


Walking // I'm walking regularly with Leo.  He enjoys a stroller ride as long as we pick up interesting things along the way, chat about what we see and wave hello to neighbors and dogs.  We go for a 30 minute power walk (walk as fast as I can while still being able to chat with Leo when he asks "What's this? a million times :).  I try to always get this in before lunch time.  Sometimes we also go for family walks in the evening before dinner and I count that as a bonus walk.  My treadmill may not have survived the move (boo!!) so I'm mostly walking outside until we can get that situation figured out.  I do miss having an easy indoor option to do during nap time or on rainy days.

 

A must for putting your hair up: These spiral pony tail holders!  They are amazing.  They hold your hair up or half up without leaving a crease.  I have them everywhere at my house.  I use them in the kitchen when I cook to keep my hair up.  I keep some in my car.  One on my key chain and they are the perfect pony tail holder.  I wrap it twice for a loose pony and up to 4 times if I want a high pony to stay up.



Drinking Water // I've always enjoyed drinking water so this one isn't super hard for me.  I never leave the house without a big drink of water and then try to keep my water bottle nearby all day.  I like icy cold water so having water bottles that keep ice frozen are perfect for me.  I started something new to motivate me to drink more water.  I add a rubber band each time I fill my cup.  That way I can see how much water I'm drinking and giving me some incentive to add rubber bands throughout the day.  It was an easy, free way to motivate myself to drink more water.

 

Going to Bed Earlier // I used to stay up way too late way too often.  Now I try to be in bed between 10:30-11.  It feels good to be getting more rest.

 

Eating Less Processed Foods // I try to eat real foods and opt for healthy options for snacking.  Lots of fruits and veggies!  And simple switches like eating berries & whipped cream instead of ice cream at night.  I'm also trying to be more aware of what I eat.  Am I really hungry or am I just bored?  Am I thirsty?  Have I eaten enough protein/fiber/veggies?


I feel better and after several weeks of working on these healthy goals they are starting to feel more like healthy habits.  I'm going to enjoy my routines for the last month of school and then I'll need to revamp them a bit for Summer when all 3 kids are home with me.  We'll adjust and make it work!

4 comments:

  1. love your goals! Keep us posted as to how it’s going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rubber band idea to track water consumption! My Yeti cup is my favorite container—the water tastes so crisp and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on the same journey doing all the same things! Love your blog and can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.