Friday, May 13, 2022

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  I hope you've had a good week.  It all the sudden feels like Summer in the Midwest and we're wrapping up all the things to finish up the school year.  We are all ready for Summer break.

The best parts of our week were:

1 // In Person Events are Back!

We got invited to an end of the year party for everyone at UE at the president's house.  It was nice to get to meet some of Kevin's coworkers, enjoy a night out by ourselves (thanks Mom & Dad!) and get to actually go to an event!  Yay!

Date night accessories feel like a nice change of pace from my usual backpack full of kid stuff!  And don't you just feel extra good when you've got a new dress to wear!?

2 // Limping to the finish line

There are so many school things to remember and do this time of year.  I feel like we're all limping to the finish line.  It's all fun, and we're super thankful for all the festivities, but it's a lot.  Leo agrees :)  I couldn't quit laughing at him.  He insists on doing his own sunglasses.

3 // Water Challenge

I mentioned over on IG (@polkadottyplace) that I was trying out a new water drinking challenge.  Every time I refill my Hyrdaflow water bottle, I add a rubber band.  It helps keep me accountable and I am definitely drinking more water.

4 // Slow Mornings

I love slow mornings at home with Leo.  He's asking What's this? for the millionth time.

5 // Zesty Tomato Salad

This is the perfect Summer side dish.  It's so fresh and delicious and healthy.  If you didn't see my recipe earlier this week, click here for the recipe.  You can add in avocado right before you serve it or leave it out.  It's totally customizable for your tastes.

6 // Cat & Jack

I just love the Cat & Jack clothing lines for toddlers, boys and girls.  The options are so cute for all the kids!  We stocked up on some new tees, new tops and new swimsuits.  Isn't this toddler outfit so cute!?  I love all things floral so I can't wait to see Leo in this outfit.

7 // Home Hack

If you're trying to track down workers for projects at your house, I have a tip for you.

We have had trouble connecting with some workers as we are trying to finish up things with our new build.  I knew a worker would be coming to work on a particular spot, but I didn't know who would show or when they would come.  I wrote this note, weather proofed it in a ziploc and then taped it down to the spot they would be working on.

It worked like a charm!  The worker knocked on my door just like I asked.  I got to ask him all of my questions and he pointed me in the right direction.  He could do one job and then I needed to call our plumber for the second job.  Hooray!

8 // Star Student

Fletcher got to be the Star Student this week!  Moving mid year meant that some of the things we had hoped to get to do might not happen.  I was thrilled that his teacher worked him into the rotation :)

9 // New things

Leo is learning new things all day, every day.  He woke up one morning and gave me a big thumbs up.  He's learning new words and new tricks.  2 year olds are wild and fun little people.

10 // Pool Party

We got to go to my sister's house for a pool party for my nephew.  He turned 14 and the kids had a great time swimming & celebrating him.  He blew out his candles poolside and then we all enjoyed a cookout.  Both Olive and Fletcher have turned into such good swimmers!  Big kids are fun.


11 // Walking & Biking

Leo and I have been going on power walks most days.  We briskly walk through the neighborhood and then he gets to ride his "go go" (bike) when we get back home.  He's getting better and better at his balance bike skills.  Make deals with your kids to get exercise in.  We walk and then we bike.  Or my older kids can scooter/bike with me when I walk.  That way you're working together to get your exercise in every day.

12 // Organizing

I'm slowly, but surely making my way through all of our closets.  We moved so quickly and tried to settle in fast which meant that lots of boxes and stuff got shoved into closets.  My big kid's closet was a mess so I spent less than an hour fixing it this week.  Look at the difference!  We are all so much happier with this space.  Onto my big pantry next.


13 // Kids Say

Fletcher calls soft taco shells TACO BUNS and I love it.

Olive says Opposed instead of Supposed.  He's not opposed to do that.

Leo calls his bike his GO GO.

14 // Construction Zone

We've had a front row seat to construction this week.  Leo has been thrilled to watch all the vehicles come and go.  We have some big plans for tree planting in our backyard soon and the road work doesn't seem to be that close to being done.  Win win for this car loving guy.



Cheers to the weekend!

I hope you have a fantastic one.  Linking up with Momfessionals

 

2 comments:

  1. Love your family fun updates! And to live near a sister with a pool is awesome. We love our pool and it has been such a boost to our grandkids swimming skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pool fun is always an amazing time! I love the photo of your son wearing his sunglasses upside down. So cute! Walking around the neighborhood for us has been a nice change of pace for us. Definitely much needed after being cooped up for so long. Cute green clutch btw. The color is stunning!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.