Friday, May 6, 2022

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  Did you do anything fun for Cinco de Mayo yesterday?  I cooked a yummy Mexican meal for dinner and Fletcher got to celebrate at school.  Kindergarten is so fun!  Olive finished up testing at school and Leo wishes we'd let him ride his bike or play outside 24/7.

The best parts of our week were:

1 // Cinco de Mayo

A local Mexican restaurant donated chips and salsa to the K kids.  Kindergarten is so fun!

I made the yummiest taco dinner - ground chicken, homemade pico, veggies and all the toppings.  Fletcher told me it was my best meal ever :)


2 // We got a Blackstone!

We've had our eye on new grills so when our last grill didn't survive the move we knew it was time.  Kevin found this one at Lowes and we love it so far.  We've done burgers, brats and chicken.  Give me all your griddle recipes/marinades!!




3 // Garden Centers Galore

We've been scoping out trees, landscaping and flowers for all my pots.  Things are starting to come together.  I love my ferns.  I'm trying out some new flowers and new color combos this year.  Stay tuned to see how the flowers like the full sun.




4 // Jordan Bakery Box

I had some fun orders this week.  Look at this yummy combo - a dozen of each - chocolate chip, M&M and Butterscotch Oatmeal.  It feels good to be baking again.

5 // Church

We're making progress in the church department!  We're making friends and these 3 cuties are happily getting dropped off at their classes each Sunday.  They are getting more comfortable and that makes us so happy.  I can't believe how fast they're all growing!!  The church search is definitely one of the hardest things about relocating so it feels good to be making progress.

6 // School Lunches

We've got just a few more weeks of packing school lunches.  My crew loves lots of bites of lots of things and I'm still trying to use up Easter candy :)

7 // Bunnies!!

The kids found 7 baby bunnies hopping around our side yard earlier this week.  They had the best day playing with them and now they've all hopped away.  They've been a big topic of conversation this week.


8 // Drink My Water

I'm trying something new to motivate myself to drink more water.  I add a rubberband to my water bottle every time I fill it up.  I try to refill it as many times as possible each day.  I like being able to use the water bottles I already own to do this challenge.

9 // New View

We switched Leo's car seat around this week and his mind was blown.  He chats nonstop at all the new things he can now see.  He also likes to model sunnies while we wait in the school pick up line.  I love being able to look back and see him easily.

10 // Pray for my flowers

Leo loves to help but toddler help is always a little questionable.

11 // Walking Buddies

The weather has been a little questionable lately, but that's not stopping us from walking every day.  We get excited when we beat the rain :)

12 // PSA

Get your rings checked!  I took my wedding bands in to be checked out because my prongs were started to snag on things.  I was worried about it and it turns out that they needed work.  So be sure to get your rings checked regularly.


Happy Mother's Day weekend!

I hope you find ways to celebrate the moms in your lives.

Linking up with Momfessionals

7 comments:

  1. We have used a Blackstone for at least 5 years. We do all our meat that doesn’t go in the crockpot. On a nice day my husband will watch the boys play outside and make 5 pounds of sausage patties and 5 pounds of bacon. We nibble at it that day then freeze for quick protein. I will pull either out to serve as a side or to fancy up eggs, sandwiches or salad. It is so nice to not fry all that in the house. Other favorites are large batches of pancakes, grilled cheese and house favorite is chicken fried rice. I start by frying bite size pieces of chicken alongside 2-3 eggs. After there cooked I add day old rice, frozen veggie or fresh, onion and really just about anything you want. The kids love watching after I had frozen peas because they pop! Add in sauce and stir together. Yummy! Enjoy your new grill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also we recently tried frying some fish by sitting a foil pan right on griddle with oil. It came out really well and was a breeze to clean up. Not the healthiest but I had lots of fresh fish that needed used. The neighbors all bragged about lack of sogginess and breading. Hot sandwiches with toasted buns are a weekend staple too. Onions, peppers some form of lunch meat and toasted sub buns. Delicious and such an easy clean up. Kara

      Delete
  2. Oh my, that chicken looks amazing!!! Please share whatever the recipe or marinade was!!

    We recently grilled kebabs and my husband thought this marinade was "heaven"!
    https://www.cookingclassy.com/hawaiian-chicken-kebabs/

    Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun week! Your food looks amazing and yay for a new grill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder about rings - I've noticed mine snagging on things recently and just shrugged it off. I need to have mine checked! So glad you're enjoying your grill. There's nothing like grilling all summer long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cookies look delicious! Could those bunnies be any cuter? I tell people that about their rings all the time; I have lost a stone twice now (once my center stone!) and am religious about getting them checked every 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great that you've found a church you like. We don't personally own a Blackstone but a good friend of ours from camp got one a couple months ago and we've cooked on it. Some of the things we've made are Potatoes O'Brien , meats, and grilled veggies.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.