Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Baby #3 Weeks: 29-32

It's time for my monthly baby check in!  Things are moving right along and Olive keeps reminding me that baby Leo will be here "in just a few weeks"!  She's right :)

Week 29: January 28
Baby boy is the size of a head of cauliflower.

I am feeling so tired.  Must nap every day for a bit.  I feel lots of energy in the morning and then 1/2:00 hits and I'm wiped out.  I'm also feeling so hungry.  Baby is growing.  My doctor diagnosed me with a sinus infection this week.  Hoping to feel better soon.

It's funny that life with baby #3 means most days are business as usual even if you don't quite feel up to doing it.  School schedules are still happening, kids like their routines and meals still need to be cooked.







Week 30: February 4
Baby boy is the size of broccoli.

Strangers have started commenting on me being pregnant.  I guess it's obvious now.  I am just starting to deal with heart burn and my hands are a little swollen when I wake up in the morning.  Not bad at all compared to my pregnancy with Fletcher.  I'm noticing that I'm crying much more easily at ridiculous things - doing homework with Olive, state of the union speech, etc.  I'm not a crier at all so this is comical.

Olive was home sick a couple days this week.  I was thankful that no one else got it and her fever went away within a day or two.  Baby boy kicks are getting STRONG.  They often startle me.



Week 31: February 11
Baby boy is the size of a coconut.

SO sleepy every afternoon.  Fletcher has started saying, "You look tired.  Let's go snuggle on the couch."  He watches a show and I nap.  I'm eating tons of fruits and veggies to keep everything regular - ha!  My skin is feeling really dry.  I go to bed much earlier than usual.

Baby is moving a ton.  He's regularly in a funny position for ultrasounds, my belly seems lopsided and moves like crazy.   Fletcher often kisses my belly and says "Hi Baby!  I can't wait to lplay with you!"  I'm still wearing all my regular rings - not much swelling.

We announced baby's name this week - Leo!  We road tripped to see family and celebrate baby Leo at his baby sprinkle.  It was really exciting to get all the tiny outfits and new baby gear.












Week 32: February 18
Baby boy is the size of a cantaloupe.

I am craving all the fruit!  Which is unfortunate because winter in the Midwest is not really prime fruit buying season.  My arms and legs fall asleep very easily.  I try to take advantage of my bursts of energy to get all the things done.  I'm waking up a lot at night to go to the bathroom, feeling restless, having crazy dreams and feel like I'm getting prepped for life with a newborn.  Still squeezing in afternoon naps whenever I can and the cats are thrilled for the snuggles.

I had a dr appointment this week and ALL of my numbers are looking great.  Blood pressure, sugars, etc.  No non-stress tests required.  Smooth sailing.  See you in two weeks.  I was in a little bit of shock because with both of my other pregnancies I was having to starting going in for weekly monitoring non-stress tests and such.  What a blessing this is for baby #3 and for me!

We realized if I get induced at the same week I did with Fletcher, we'll be meeting the baby in 6 weeks!!  I've got to hurry and get through my to do list ASAP.  We;re all getting excited and Olive is pondering big questions like, "How will I introduce Leo to my class!?!  Pictures?  Can I bring him in for show and tell?  I can't wait!!"  She's already the cutest big sis.





Ready for the final weeks of my pregnancy!

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait until you introduce Baby Leo to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait to meet him. Praying for an easy last few weeks of your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting, Whitney!!! Praying these last few weeks are smooth and you continue feeling good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whitney!! What a gift this pregnancy is!! You are embracing it all with such joy and grace and I know you feel SO thankful for baby Leo. You are so beautiful and I love reading your pregnancy updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading your updates because we are the same amount of weeks along!! I really started feeling the third trimester a week or two ago-- oy! Especially with 2 kids on the go!

    By the way, I was going to email you about this but can't find a 'contact' on your blog...would you PLEASE share your sourdough bread recipe??? I have a sourdough starter but cannot find a good sandwich bread recipe and yours looked so beautiful on your post not too long ago!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.