Friday, February 14, 2020

4 Things: Valentine Edition

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you have fun plans to celebrate with people that you LOVE today!

We have had a fun week of valentine treats, activities and class parties.  We've got big plans for pizza at home tonight.  We're all excited about that!

I thought I'd change things up a bit for my Valentine post this year.  I'm going to share three things that I love about the people in my family.


KEVIN //

1 // I LOVE that he's getting handier with age.  He's able to help me with all kind of projects!  He's got tools, is learning new skills and we enjoy working together.

2 // I LOVE that he loves my cooking so much.  He tells me he looks forward to family dinners all day long, requests certain foods and we enjoy good food together.

3 // I LOVE that he's working hard on self care.  He's doing several new things to take great care of himself.  It's fun to cheer him on in life!

4 // I LOVE seeing him do what he loves - golf, helping Veterans, seeing clients, reading and playing with the kids.




OLIVE //

1 // I LOVE that Olive knows what she wants.  She is a girl with a plan and she is rarely swayed.

2 // I LOVE that her reading is improving every day.  She's working so had on her reading, writing, spelling and math this year.  It's amazing watching her skills set grow along with her confidence.

3 // I LOVE her style.  She loves dresses, headbands and crocs.  It's her 6 year old uniform.

4 // I LOVE her love for music.  She's always coming home with new songs for me to add to her playlist.



FLETCHER //

1 // I LOVE that he's a people person.  He's always chatting with people when we're out and about, saying hilarious things to grown ups and really loves interacting with people.

2 // I LOVE he enjoys food more than most people.  He has favorite foods, talks about food he dreams of eating and is always suggesting swinging through his favorite restaurants.

3 // I LOVE that he's so snuggly.  He is thrilled anytime I sit on the couch and snuggle him.

4 // I LOVE that he enjoys all things boy - getting dirty, vehicles, police cars, watching construction sites and building/destroying towers.




Happy Love Day!  Be sure to tell the people you love all the things you love about them today :)


4 comments:

  1. This is such a FUN post friend!! Loved hearing about all the different things you love about your people! I would like to add that I LOVE your kindness, thoughtfulness and intentionality in all that you do!! It is evident that you truly to seek to live a life of joy by serving and loving your people and it is so beautiful!! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good reminder about how we can think about our people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I "loved" reading your heartfelt descriptions of everyone in your family. The headband comment reminded me that Grace loved wearing headbands at that age. She preferred to wear them more on her forehead than actually holding her hair back. It was a funny thing that she stubbornly wanted to do. I let her, and now we can look back at the pictures and have a little laugh. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so sweet! You love your family something deep and it really shows.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.