Monday, March 4, 2019

Avocado Egg Salad

I love avocados.

I haven't always loved them, but I think they're delicious now.

They're so good for you!  I've got a really easy, delicious avocado recipe to share with you today.  I made it up recently when I was looking in my fridge for something to eat for lunch. It's my new favorite lunch.

Avocado Egg Salad

1 ripe avocado
2 hard boiled eggs
1 chopped green onion
olive oil mayo
salt & pepper
Montreal Steak Seasoning

Directions:
Peel and mash the avocado in a bowl.
Peel and dice up the hard boiled eggs into the same bowl.
Add a squirt of mayo (as much or as little as you like)
Season with salt, pepper and Montreal Steak Seasoning to taste
Stir and then top with chopped green onion.
Serve with toast, crackers or lettuce.

Recipe makes a generous serving for 1 person.

I almost always have these ingredients in my fridge so this is a really easy lunch to whip up for myself.  No one else at my house eats it and I don't care.  I love it.




Since we're on the topic of avocados...
here's a little round up of my favorite avocado recipes from the archives:

Homemade Guac

Fresh Avocado Salsa

Avocado Breakfast Hash

Avocado Toast

Sweet Potato Chicken Chili


Do you enjoy eating avocados??  What's your favorite way to eat them?

9 comments:

  1. I love avocados 🥑! So good! Great recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great idea! My favorite way to eat them is on toast, topped with chopped tomatoes and feta cheese. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I have to tell you.....I have fixed your meatballs twice in the last two weeks! I fixed them last night and added just the RAO spaghetti sauce, no pasta, and they were absolutely fabulous! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This actually sounds really good and somewhat healthy

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMY!!! I am all about this recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious. I have made a similar quick lunch using grape tomatoes instead of the avocado. Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these kinds of salad - yum. I haven't heard of that seasoning before!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.