Friday, July 13, 2018

The Highlights

Happy Friday!!  Hope you had a nice week.  It was a busy one with July 4th, Kevin's birthday and some fun with friends.

The highlights of our week were:

DATE NIGHT
We are trying to plan as many date nights as possible before our babysitter moves in August.  I surprised Kevin with a fun night out last Friday.  We did some organizing in his office (my favorite) because he got some new office furniture (his favorite).  We went out to a fun dinner, went for a walk at the river and got DQ Blizzards on the way home.  I LOVE this new Matilda Jane top!!



ALDI
My sweet friend Justine surprised me with this quarter keeper key chain to use when I shop at Aldi.  I hadn't seen them before and am so excited to no longer have to dig around my wallet or my car for a quarter.  Isn't it cute!?!

T-SHIRT QUILT
We surprised Kevin with a custom t-shirt quilt for his birthday this year.  I've been saving all of his Notre Dame t-shirts for years for this project.  Read all about my experience with Project Repat here.

LUNCH DATE
We met Kevin at our favorite lunch spot - Jimmy Johns!  It was fun, but the reality was... Fletcher managed to spill three cups of water, Olive was singing at the top of her lungs and eating out with kids always feels like a gamble.

4th with FRIENDS
My friend, Whitney, hosted her annual 4th of July party and it was so much fun.  We swam in their lake, played games, ate delicious food and saw some amazing fireworks.  I always love trying lots of new foods at carry in dinners.  This is one of our favorite summer events!







CHURCH
We have been going to the same church for the past few Sundays and we FINALLY hit a MAJOR parenting milestone.  We dropped both kids off in their classes and they stayed for the entire service.  Olive enjoyed her class without any tears and Fletcher recovered pretty quickly after having a meltdown at drop off.  They said he loved the Goldfish crackers, games and fun with friends.  It's been years since both Kevin and I sat in the same church service together while the kids were happily in their classes.  What a blessing!!

KEVIN TURNED 37
We went on a quick road trip to celebrate Kevin's birthday with our families.  We had a great time!  I stuck with the red, white and blue theme.  He bought fireworks.  It was lots of fun!

Kevin has the sweetest grandparents!!


Siblings:



PARTY #2
We celebrated Kevin's birthday with my family next.  My parent went all out with a homemade ding dong cake a homemade ice cream!  The taco bar was delicious and we had a great time.  Fletch sneak attacked Kevin's candles and blew out half of them himself.

The Fun uncle with all the fireworks :)

BUILD A BEAR
Kevin surprised the kids with a trip to Build a Bear.  They were thrilled!

CHICKENS & COUSINS
The kids had the best time hanging out at my sister's house.  Fletcher was super brave and loved on all the chickens.  Olive said she needed a nap afterwards because she played so hard.


Hope you have some fun plans for your weekend!!

Linking up with My Glittery Heart

9 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all have been busy with non-stop fun! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You’ve been so busy! Thanks for always giving us a peek into your lovely days :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun week - wow you were busy! Love the new quilt and good thing you went to build-a-bear before yesterday :)! We have date night tonight, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love seeing all the fun things you have been up to!!!
    You are gorgeous, as always, and the kiddos are just so cute! So glad Kevin had such a great week celebrating his birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun. Looks like Kevin had a great birthday. Love the quarter key chain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much fun to be had! That quarter keeper is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Y'all have been super busy with lots of fun things. I also adore that MJ top. I love the different patterns. We have made a family trip to Hot Springs for an extended weekend. We have some super fun things planned for the kiddos. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those chicken/cousin pics are my fave :) I love Kevin’s quilt and may have to try to make one myself one day! Glad we got to see you all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday, Kevin! Love the quarter keeper. Such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.