Friday, July 20, 2018

3 Fresh Peach Recipes for Summer

Happy Friday!!  My kids have been sick so we had a low key week.  Thankfully, everyone is on the mend and I have several new recipes to share with you today.

My friend showed up at my door Sunday morning with a box of Georgia peaches for me!  It was such a fun surprise.  I couldn't wait to dig in.  I haven't been able to find delicious peaches all Summer so this was a real treat.  We ate them so many ways this week.  I can't wait to share these fresh peach recipes with you today.

I'm dying to know... do you peel your peaches??  I used to peel them, but now I don't have the patience for it.  I just eat the skin right along with the peach.  What do you do??


Fresh Peach Crisp
My husband LOVES apple crisp.  I knew I had to give peach crisp a go.  He declared this dessert "The best thing I have ever tasted!" and prompted put his name on the leftovers to reserve them for the following day.  It was that good!  We all loved it and it'll be a summer staple at our house.

The best part... it's really easy to make.







Ingredients:
4 peaches washed and sliced
3 T brown sugar
1 T sugar
1 t cinnamon
sprinkle of salt
1 T butter

Topping:
1/4 c quick cook oatmeal
1/2 c flour
1/2 c sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
6 T butter

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

Directions:
Prep peaches.  Line a greased 9x9 pan with peaches.  Top with sugars, cinnamon, salt and dot with butter.  Mix topping in a small bowl until well combined and pour over peaches.  Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes (until topping is browned and bubbly)

Peaches A La Mode
Slice a peach, add a scoop of delicious vanilla bean ice cream and sprinkle on some ground cinnamon.  So good and such an easy dessert to throw together last minute.  This requires no baking and almost no cooking skills to pull off :)


Peach Lemonade
Muddle some peaches, add ice cubes, your favorite lemonade and peach slices.  Stir and enjoy!  It was so refreshing and delicious.


What do you do with peaches in the Summer?

I'd love to master a good fresh peach pie recipe, add some peaches to a salad, maybe try some peach muffins or peach jam.  Stay tuned...

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. The peach lemonade looks so refreshing. Thanks for sharing. #H54F

    ReplyDelete
  2. We live in Georgia, and I haven't had a peach all summer. Love the idea of doing a crisp with them!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.