Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Summer Outfits

It's gotten HOT in the Midwest. Getting dressed every day isn't quite as much fun knowing that you're going to sweat as soon as you walk out the door.  I've come up with a summer outfit formula that works for me - skinny jeans and flowy shirts, dresses or jean shorts and cute tops.  Any option leaves me feeling comfortable and confident.

I also really cleared out my closet to ensure that everything hanging in it is something I enjoy wearing.  It makes getting dressed every morning so easy!!  I'd highly recommend you trying every single thing in your closet and only keeping the things that you love, that you feel good in and that are flattering on you.

What are your go to outfits in the Summer??

Skinny jeans & flowy tops:
I adore this new Matilda Jane top.  I picked it up in the latest Good Luck Trunk sale and it's so cute.  The triple print is nice and it's different than anything else I own.  I just love it.  I also love these ADVdesign leather earrings!!

 

I picked up this cute Coffee (a hug in a mug) graphic tee from Sams!!!  It was around $8 and I knew I had to have it when I saw my friend Stephanie wearing it.  It's so soft, has a high to low hem and it's a really flattering fit.  Check your Sams for other design options.

Jean Shorts:
I am obsessed with my Old Navy 9 inch Bermuda jean shorts.  I bought them in the light wash and the dark wash.  They're so comfy, flattering and they are high waisted enough that they don't sag when you wear them a bit.




Dresses:
I didn't think the off the shoulder trend was something I'd ever get on board with, but I was wrong.  They make the perfect swim suit cover up!!  I picked up this mustard colored dress on clearance at Old Navy recently.  I just love it!!

This is my favorite Mint Standard dress that I started talking about last Summer.  My friend Kelley owns the shop and this dress is such a staple in my wardrobe.  It's so flattering.  It's very comfy and it has pockets.  I'm wearing the Black Cinch dress and the Black Shorties underneath.  You can check out the other styles here Mint Standard Clothing


Dressed Up:
I love a dressy top with black skinnies.  Add some cute accessories and you're set!  My top is from Target, Walmart skinnies, Kate Spade studs, Old Navy flats and a vintage woven clutch that was my mom's.  Glad I saved that from her donate pile a few years ago :)

Can't go wrong with a pretty dress with lace details.  This is one of my favorites!  Lace sleeved top is from Loft, dress is Liz Claiborne and my earrings are from a department store.

It's time to link up with my favorite Welcome Wednesday ladies.
Be sure to join us with a recent post or two.





8 comments:

  1. I LOVE that fun Matilda Jane top! It is such a versatile piece! It looks great now and will also be so cute in the fall with a cardigan and booties!! Have a wonderful day friend!💗

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I pretty much wear the same outfits as you. Easy, comfortable, yet cute!!
    You look great

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute! I didn't wear shorts for YEARS, but then I got a pair at Old Navy a few years back and I am obsessed with them. I wear them at least twice a week. They're the best! I'll have to look for those Bermuda ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely need to check out the old navy shorts...they look like the perfect length. Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a big shorts fan, because I can never find a pair that is long enough. I will have to check out those from Old Navy! You always have so many good tips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your style is super cute! I love how you layerd the dress overvthat lace top- genius and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute outfits. I love your coffee tee! It really is a hug in a mug...a nice warm hug every single day!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so adorable! I love Bermuda jean shorts! I have a similar pair and wear them a lot!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.