Monday, July 16, 2018

Sunflowers Galore

We took a little road trip to our favorite Sunflower Maze in Paris, IL last week.  I've been watching L & A Family Farm's facebook page closely because the maze doesn't last very long.  They announce it's ready and then you have a week or so to get there.  We loved going last year and couldn't wait to go again.

I had to talk Kevin into going last year.  This year he was really excited to go.  It's amazing to see a huge field full of sunflowers.  It's hard to describe so I'll just show you tons of pictures.  The maze spelled out MARRY ME and involved a sweet proposal this year.  You can read more about the maze here.

I loved these pictures so much that I came home and quickly printed six of my favorites as 8x10s for a fun gallery wall in our family room.  It makes me smile every time I walk by them!



We tried to pick the coolest day of the week, but it was still HOT.  There's very little shade so we tried to move quickly.

Olive loved looking for flowers that were just her size.

Always love going on adventures with this guy.

They added cute benches throughout the maze this year.  We took pictures on them and enjoyed a bit of sunflower shade.


We bumped into some sweet girls in the maze and asked them to take our picture.  It was HOT, but it makes me happy to have a picture with all of us in it.  Maybe one day we'll be up for some professional sunflower pictures.  For now, my iphone pics will have to do.




Olive dance, twirled and smiled her way through the maze.
Fletcher fussed, insisted that I carry him and I wish I had brought our little stroller for him.


Look I'm a sunflower! -Olive
She kept saying, "I'm taking pictures with my mind so I'll never forget this place!!"


The bumble bees and butterflies were out in full force.  We didn't see any butterflies last year.

Kevin snapped this picture of Olive and it's my new favorite.

Real Life:  We had a great time at the maze, but I wanted to remind you that there are always challenges when you go on adventures with young kids.  This little road trip involved: one kid getting car sick, crying, whining, one kid being carried through the entire maze, lots of dust, one person getting a little overheated and a frozen pizza for dinner.  So just remember, I try to focus on the highlights and the positives, but there are always highs and lows mixed in every family adventure.

Sunflower Maze 2017
*Olive insisted on wearing her same sunny yellow dress two years in a row.

Hope you have a very happy Monday!!

5 comments:

  1. So cool! I have never heard of a sunflower maze. We have tried our hand at a simple corn maze. It's so true, adventures with kids are always full of ups and downs but I always find I remember the good with a smile and laugh at the hard after it's long done and over ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Those pictures will look great on your wall, such a good backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great adventure! Love all the pictures!! I have never heard of a sunflower maze! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! I love sunflowers. We visited a sunflower field this year for the first time and the photographer in me was in heaven, minus the sweat dripping down my face. Ha! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.