Friday, October 21, 2016

The Highlights

It was a good week at our house.  We got to see lots of family, had mostly great weather, did some fun Halloween things and are ready for the weekend.  Kevin's been super busy with work giving presentations, guest lecturing, teaching and much more.  The semester seems to be flying by and we're working hard to squeeze in all the fun we can.

The Highlights:

// 1 //
HALLOWEEN
I'm a big fan of cute, smiley Halloween things.  I love friendly monsters, cute ghosts and happy pumpkins this time of year.  So we broke out the monster pjs, ate kid meals on our favorite Pottery Barn Kids Halloween plates, got donuts and watched several Halloween cartoons.  I have big plans to get some Halloween crafts done with the kids this weekend.  Wish me luck!

 // 2 //
FOOTBALL
Our beloved Notre Dame is having a surprisingly crappy football season.  We are plugging away eating delicious game day food and wearing cute football clothes to try and distract ourselves.  They've got a bye week this week so we're hoping for a reboot and a better second half of the season.  I'm sharing this Mexican Pizza recipe on the blog on Monday.  It was my favorite recipe I've made all month - super easy and super delicious!!

 // 3 //
BACKYARD FUN
I thought Fall had arrived in the Midwest, but temps were back up in the 80s again this week.  So we played outside as much as possible.  Olive calls her sandbox her beach so she made sure to get some good beach time in and Fletcher is fascinated by the leaves.  We also go to go on several good walks this week because of the good weather.

 // 4 //
BREAKFAST BARK
My friend Katie mentioned this breakfast bark several months ago and I finally got around to trying to make some for myself.  I love the idea of having a healthy, frozen snack or breakfast option in teh freezer ready to go.  It was super easy to make and really fun to eat.  I think I'll be trying other flavors of greek yogurt and experimenting with the fruit/granola combinations.  My toddler helped me whip up this batch.

 // 5 //
BIRTHDAY PARTY
My Mom's birthday was yesterday and we got to have her up for a fun birthday dinner this week.  We planned their visit last minute so I quickly pulled together a fun birthday meal.  Olive made her a card, sang to her and wished her a happy birthday about a million times.  Kevin grilled burgers, I made all the sides, chocolate chip cookies and banana cake for dessert.  It was such a fun day!  The kids loved getting to see my parents and I loved having them here.  My dad helped with some projects around the house and Kevin fixed our ice maker.  It was a great time!!






We also got to see a few of our cousins + my brother this week :)


Favorite Posts from the week:



What was your FAVORITE part of the week??

I hope you have a really great weekend!!

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your mom! So special that y'all were able to celebrate together as a family! And I loved the Halloween plate (and donut haha) that you shared earlier on IG! Kids make holidays much more fun!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe now fall is finally here in the midwest??? I HOPE???

    I love sweet and silly Halloween stuff too, nothing scary over here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your Halloween stuff :) And that breakfast bark looks so good!

    https://happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just look like you're always having a great time! :) I love the monster PJs. Those terry pjs are one of my favorite baby things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun that you got to celebrate your mom's birthday with her! I'm sorry your football season isn't going so well, but at least the food is good. :) I'm glad you mentioned that yogurt bark again - I saw that on your Instagram and it looked delish. That would be a great breakfast to grab in a hurry! Have a great weekend!

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those monster pj's are SO stinking cute. I also never realized how much you look like your mama too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and your Mom look so much alike. Color your hair lighter or her's darker you and you two are twins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That donut looks so yummy!!! :D

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That monster outfit is just the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.