Monday, October 3, 2016

Football, Fun and My Favorite Chili Recipe

We had big plans to attend the homecoming for Kevin's school this weekend, but it didn't happen.  The weather was sketchy with rain in the forecast all day.  Fletcher was fussy so we opted to stay in all weekend.  It was a great weekend despite being totally different than what we'd planned.  The kids were working on their game face :)  The Irish are now 2-2 so we definitely need to toughen up!

We ate some yummy food.  Olive and I made brownies.  Triple chunk with mini M&Ms on top.

We rarely go out to eat these days because take out has become easier for everyone.  Kevin will usually pick something up for us and has memorized our orders.  We've started getting into the habit of having pizza picnics on Friday nights and it's so fun.  We'll get pizza from one of our favorite spots and then eat it picnic style on a blanket in our play room.  Pizza Hut Dippers pizza is our go to right now.  It's soooo good!!  There's no sauce on the pizza - you just dip it in the sauce.  Plus there's always leftovers so we get two meals out of one pizza.  Kevin (the coupon lover) got a half off Pizza Hut coupon so we ended up getting two dinners for $6.

I made my first batch of Game Day Chili and Kevin said it was my best ever!!  I made a few changes to my usual recipe from my MIL because of what I had in my fridge so I thought I'd share my delicious recipe with you.  It so easy and so yummy!

1 lb ground round
1/2 chopped yellow onion
1/2 chopped purple onion
1/2 chopped sweet pepper
Season salt sprinkled on top
Brown all of those things together and drain off liquid/grease.

1 can tomato soup
1 can water
1 can Brooks Quick Cook Chili Mix
1 T sugar
1 T chili powder
Combine all ingredients and cook for an hour before serving.
It's delicious left over, too!!

Toppings: Shredded cheddar, sour cream, green onions & fritos
I'm wishing I'd doubled the recipe so we could have left overs this week :)


 We stayed in our pjs and snuggled.  The house felt cold in the mornings and we loved it!  I think this is what the heart eye emoji looks like in real life.

 We snapped a few pictures of the kids during half time.  Olive has almost mastered the Notre Dame fight song and kept kicking around the football.  She'd say, "I really love footballing.  This silly basketball is not listening to me (when the football would take an awkward bounce)."  haha  We just enjoy hanging out and watching football together.  And it's definitely more fun to cheer for your team when they WIN!!








 How was your weekend??  
Did you watch any football or try any new recipes??

12 comments:

  1. Your weekend looks perfect! Wonderful food and lots of relaxation! Hope your week is great, too!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fletcher with a football. SO cute! We had our first batch of chili this weekend and it was amazing. I need to try your recipe soon. I told myself I'd be adventurous and try more chili recipes this year :P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! We have pizza picnics every Friday night too and it is the highlight of my girls week! :) And the cuteness is out of control with little Miss Olive and Fletcher! Love them! :) Hope you have a great day friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute football pictures of the kids. We have some pictures of my almost-13 year old son when he was a baby with an LSU jersey and football. They make me smile. Glad it was a good weekend, despite the rainy weather. And the chili looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like y'all had a really fun weekend. I love chili and it is so filling. Your toppings were spot on. I always add crackers or Fritos to mine. I also love taco soup this time of year. Hope y'all have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great weekend =) Thanks for sharing your chili recipe! It sounds and looks delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had a fun weekend, even though it didn't turn out as you planned! Your chili recipe sounds really good. I've never made it with tomato soup in the base but I can imagine it's delicious! Pinning your recipe to try soon!

    Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  8. All that food looked AMAZING! It is 11am and I am already ready to hit the fridge! www.toddlersarenoteasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kiddos are so lucky to grow up in a house full of yummy baking/cooking. I bet Olive already loves to cook even at such a young age! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pizza is usually our go-to on Friday nights. I will have to try the pizza dippers. Sounds pretty yummy! I love the game faces! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Fletcher, I love you. Keep being super handsome.

    This is the second chili recipe I've seen that using sugar. I'm going to give it a try for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those brownies look delish. Love the look on Fletcher's face in the first pic!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.